Utah Babies
Options

Moving to Salt Lake and need ob/gyn suggestions

Hi,

I'm 26 weeks and found out a week ago we will be moving to Salt Lake City in 3 weeks for my husband's job.  I'm really sad to leave our doctor in Houston, but I'm sure there are plenty of great doctors in Salt Lake City as well...I just need help finding one!  If anyone has a great doctor, one that they would recommend to a family member or friend, I would really appreciate the suggestion. 

Thanks!

Lisa

Re: Moving to Salt Lake and need ob/gyn suggestions

• Options
    I like Danille Demiter, she is a midwife.  My friend used her for both her pregnancies.  The first one she was living in California and has a second home in Utah so the Doc. in Cali and Danielle worked together so she could deliver in utah over the Holidays.  I am using her as well and so far think she is great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've loved the Avenues Women's Clinic.  My doctor is Dr. Gemmell and she's fabulous, very kind and professional.  Her staff is sweet, polite and helpful.  It all depends on where in the Salt Lake Valley you are moving to.  This is close to downtown, the University of Utah and the Avenues.  If you'll be south or west (i.e. Draper, Sandy, West Jordan, South Jordan) then you'll probably want someone closer to those areas.

My hubby is in medical school at the U and the entire hospital is staffed with wonderful people. (My goddaughter was born there at 1.5 pounds and the NICU is beyond amazing.)   Primary Children's Medical Center is also great.

Good luck with the move! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like mine.  Her name is Alison DeSano.  She works out of the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, UT. 
  • Options

I also see a Dr. at the Avenues Women's Center. Her name is Vicki Macy. I know she usually delivers at LDS hospital and Salt Lake Regional Medical Center (Thats where I delivered and I was very happy with my care!) She delivered my first little boy and I decided to return to her for my current pregnancy! I will warn you that sometimes there is a wait the day you go to see her but to me, she'll worth it! All of the Dr's there are great though!

A phone # just in case is: 801-355-9951

Good luck! 

• Options

I have heard great things about the Avenue's Women's Center.

I go to OBGYN & Associates in Salt Lake, across from St. Mark's Hospital. I see Dr. Vernon Yamashiro and he is AMAZING! I had about 15 friends recommend him and I actually looked forward to my visits with him. He's funny, easy-going, and will totally honor all your crazy questions and requests. The 2 girls who work for him are wonderful too and remember you each time you come. I just delivered in August and had a strong desire to go unmedicated and Yamashiro was so supportive and understanding. St. Mark's was an awesome experience too. I guess it depends though on where you will be living? Salt Lake, go with Avenues or Yamashiro. Sandy/Draper area, I have heard great things about Dr. Sloan (she is in the same practice as Yamashiro, but is farther south).

Hope that helps and welcome to Salt Lake! If you get here and think, "The air is dirty and it's freezing..." just wait a few months until the beautiful spring and enjoy the mountains!

Dana

• Options

Lisa,

I am in the same boat you are!  I'll be 27 weeks the day after tomorrow (02/06), and we are probably relocating to SLC, from FL, at the beginning of next month.  We just found out about this, and so we are really scrambling to figure everything out.  We are planning a trip up there for a few days to look at some hospitals/birthing centers and check out the neighborhoods.  Picking up and moving away this far into the pregnancy has me pretty freaked out at times, but I know everything will be ok. 

Best of luck to you & your DH!  Please let me know if you have found an awesome doctor & a nice neighborhood.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"