Health & Exercise
Options

Prenatal non-yoga?

So I'm about 6 weeks, and I'm looking to do something to stay active, especially now that it's winter and harder to just take a walk around the neighborhood. I'm already a big girl, and I tried yoga before and it was super hard for me, so I doubt I wanna try that now and look silly in front of a whole class of yoga veteran moms-to-be! But when I search for prenatal classes, yoga is all I can find. Is there anything else I can look into?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Prenatal non-yoga?

• Options

Aqua-fit or any other water classes are typically good for moms-to-be. The water makes it easier on the joints and balance.

Anything that interests you and is offered at a beginner or low-impact level is fine to try. It doesn't need a "pre-natal" name on it to be safe. If you want to try Zumba or belly dancing or whatever, go for it. Just take breaks when you're out of breath and don't do anything that hurts or makes you nauseous. 

And if classes just aren't what you're after, there's always working out on your own (at the gym or not), walking, or other prenatal fitness DVDs.

• Options

When I went to prenatal yoga, I found that most of the people had not done yoga before.  I did yoga up until I got pregnant, but it was heated so I couldn't do it while I was pregnant.  I found the prenatal yoga too easy, so I just went to regular non heated yoga and knew what modifications to make.  I know that was kind of wordy, but my point is, prenatal yoga may be great for you.  I would definitely ask your doctor, especially if you are thinking of doing something you did not do before you were pregnant.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"