Birth Stories

question for new moms

sorry- not quite sure where to post this

I am going to visit a friend in the hospital who will have just had a baby. Is there anything that would be really appreciated to bring to the hospital for her? I would like to bring her some kind of gift but I have no idea what would be appropriate or appreciated. TIA!

Re: question for new moms

• When I had Jack and we had visitors, the best gift was from my nieces and nephews...it was a bag full of snacks and munchies...it was great.
  • People brought my flowers and they looked so nice in my drab post partum room.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DH's best friend and his wife just had thier 3rd son last Wednesday :) We got to see the baby on day one and thought how cool it would be to get something personallized with baby's bday on it. We called Things Remembered and payed over the phone for one of there very cute baby picture frames (called Noah's Ark I think) and had them engrave the baby's name and bday on it. The parents put thier first baby pic (the hospital one I think) in it the next day :)

We also brought playdoh for thier 6 yr old and a bag of gag tricks for thier 11 yr old sons (they LOVED it!!!) and enough homemade lasagna (from a local fresh pasta-to-go type store....not frozen) for 2 full dinners for the family.

I had thought they'd have mucho flowers so it is the first thing I vetoed when DH and I were disussing gifts as we wanted to get them things they'd really appreciate. In retrospect, everyone else must have thought this way because that family had not one flower in the room!!!! I was so bummed by that!!! Every new mom deserves some flowers and I was so surprised no one else got her any (not even her huband). Had I had psychic abilities I would DEFINITELY brought some flowers and considered them something "they'd really appreciate" :) But your mileage my vary :)

Oh well. Those are some ideas that went over very well and were unique.

• As far as gifts, I really appreciated getting gifts at home.  This way, MH didn't have to lug them home.

Magazines, books, maybe some good snacks?
    *~*~Christina~*~*
    Wed to M on 11.05.05
    A, born July 30, 2007
    E, born April 20, 2010
  • i just brought my friend an edible arrangement.

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"