Birth Stories
Options

Birth Story - Elizabeth Rose Is Here!

Elizabeth Rose made her appearance at 9:18 am on 11/27/07.  She weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz and was 19 inches long!  We were scheduled for our c-section at 7:30am on 11/27, however we were ?bumped? by an emergency c-section, but obviously didn?t have to wait too long!  We arrived at the hospital at 5:30am to ?check-in? and were given an ultrasound right away to make sure we were still breech (otherwise we?d be sent home).  Once the ultrasound was complete and we were settled in the hospital bed my parents and my in-laws were allowed in the ?waiting room? with me and daddy, as we waited for the big moment to arrive!!  About 8:30am we were being wheeled toward the OR.  Daddy was asked to wait outside while the spinal block was put in place and I was moved to the OR table for surgery.  The spinal block was very weird?I was told that my legs would feel warm and then numb, and by the time I was told this, it actually happened!!  It felt like I was sitting in the snow for about 30 minutes or so, and I could feel that I still had appendages, but I could not move them!!  By 9:15 the incision was made and 3 minutes later I heard the most beautiful sound in the world!  Since the OR was an open space, her cries were all around me, and I was fretting that I couldn?t see where she was (I had a screen up so I could not see the delivery myself ? I couldn?t handle seeing my organs laying about on my body ? just the thought alone makes me shudder!).  Finally her daddy turned my head to the right and said, ?she?s over there??and I saw the most beautiful sight ever!  After she was cleaned up a bit and bundled up, she was give to her daddy (I was strapped down on the OR bed) and he held her close to my face so I could cuddle with her the best I could.  The dr?s took her back so her daddy could help move me back to the stretcher and I was wheeled away to my recovery room.  Daddy kept running back and forth between my room and the nursery (since he was the only one allowed to come into the recovery room to see me) and gave me updates on what was being done and how she was doing.  Once I was finally able to move my legs enough to move from the stretcher to the real recovery bed (about an hour after I was wheeled into the room) she was brought to us in her bassinette, and we were finally allowed to hold her and cuddle with her!!  I know I am biased, but she is the most beautiful baby!!  I never knew that I could love someone so much!!  I?m so pathetic ? I cry every time I hold her and look at her because I still can?t believe that she?s here and we created such a beautiful baby!!

Once I get the chance to get the pictures off our camera, I will definitely be posting a link to view them?I just haven?t had the computer time to do it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"