Emergency C-Section Birth Story - long — The Bump
Birth Stories

Emergency C-Section Birth Story - long

I gave birth to Lainey Nicole on October 26, 2007. My entire pregnancy, I had board line high blood pressure. The week before I had her, my blood pressure was 170/90. The week I had her, I was getting lightheaded and had blurry vision. On October 25, I went for my normal weekly visit and I told the doctor about my new symptoms. He drew some blood and said it was probably nothing but he would do it just to make sure everything was ok.

The next morning around 9:00, I got a call from my doctor. He said my blood work looked good but my blood platelets were low, which usually indicates high blood pressure. He said he thought it would be best to induce me that day because I was just going to get worse if I waited. He said that he thought it was best if we did a c-section because the baby was not ready to come out. I was only 37 weeks, the baby hadn?t dropped at all and I hadn?t dilated.

I arrived at the hospital to find out that my doctor had forgotten to call and tell them that I was on my way. The nurses looked at me like I was crazy when I said I was there for a c-section.  So, I had to wait until they could get a hold of him. The surgery was scheduled to be done at noon but once they found out that I ate pancakes for breakfast they made me wait until 3:30! I got all prepped and was taken to the operating room. I got my spinal block and then my husband came in to be with me. The doctor told me that he was going to start in a few minutes which I later found out from my husband that he had already cut me open at that point! Lainey was delivered at 4:04, 6 lbs. 12 oz, 18 inches long. My husband and I didn?t find out the sex of the baby so they asked my husband what he thought the sex was before they pulled her out. He said a girl and one of the nurses said. ?It?s a boy!? I thought he meant that it really was a boy. The doctor held her up and said ?Look how cute she is.? I said, ?I?m confused, is it a boy or a girl?? I really had no idea what I had just given birth to!!!!

The c-section was great! I was not in as much pain as I though I was going to be in. I was up walking and took a shower the next day.  I would not change a thing about the birth of my daughter.

Re: Emergency C-Section Birth Story - long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards