Birth Stories

Gabrielle's Birth Story

My Birth Story: So, here is my birth story. I was debating if I would post it, but I thought that I had read everyones and I would post mine. At my 38 appointment, was not dilated, not having contractions (per the NST) and my cervix was still closed. Ok, so, friday night. DH and I went out to dinner at the Bone fish Grill . . We were supposed to go with DH's friend max, but because of the snow, he cancelled . . so, for some reason i said let's go anyway . . we went to dinner and then decided that I wanted to walk around, so we went to BRU to walk around and I wanted to pick up a few things. So, we walked around for a while and then went home. I told dh that tomorrow we were going to find another place to walk around and we needed to clean the house. Went to bed that night and woke up at 3:00am, because wasn't feeling well! thought i had the flu, but i ended up gong back to bed. Then, I woke up at 5:00am to what felt like I was going to pee my pants . . went to the bathroom and my water started to leak on the Bathroom floor. so, i called DH from the bathroom and told him that i thought my water break .. DH got up so fast and is what . . I said that we need to call the doctor so we called the doctor and she said to go to the hospital. . so, i told her that we would meet her in an hour. It takes us 45 minutes to get to the hospital. I cleaned the bathroom floor and got dressed . . We walked downstairs, grabbed the bags that were packed near the door and off we went. . . it was snowing that morning. Also, previous to my water breaking, i didn't have any contractions or anything. They didn't start until i got into the car. We got to the hospital at 6:00am . . went through the emergency department and they wheeled me to labour and delivery . . the doctor met us there and she checked me and my water had indeed broken and they admitted me. i was 1cm dialated and so they decided to start me on Pitocin right away. As soon as they started on the pitocin and my contractions went from pain 0 to pain 10 . . so, when i started to cry during the contractions. I asked for the epi . . the epi came and everything went well. They let DH stay in the room while they gave it. it made the contractions go away . . and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. he talked me thought it. part of the way through the day, i started to feel the contractions on the right side and the epi man came back and gave more medicine, which everything went away. at 2:00pm i was 3-4 centimeters dialated. 4:00pm i was 6 cm . . well the nurse decided to increase the pitocin, so that I we could progress labour. In the meanwhile, throughout the afternoon . . my blood pressure is increasing. . additionally, i started to have pain in my right now. . that had nothing to do my labour . . at 6:00pm, I was 9-10 dialated and they called my doctor to come to the hospital . . she arrived at 7:45pm and I started pushing at 8:00pm . . During pushing, although I wasn't feeling the contractions, I had a lot of back pain . . that the epi didn't take care of . . and everytime i pushed, it crushed my lungs, so I problems catching my breathe . . but we kept going. Additionally, every time, I pushed, Gabrielle slipped back in. I cried the entire time and asked my DH if we could go home. I was in so much pain . . then the epi wore of and when they gave me the episotomy (sp?) i felt everything, including the tearing when Gabrielle came out. She was born on 9:57pm at night. They had to repair the tearing and also I was hemoraging after and they had trouble getting the bleeding to stop . . they had to give me a bunch of different things to try and get the bleeding to stop . . So, Dh left the room to tell everyone that Gabrielle was born and came back right away. They had to give me another epi and everything . . additionally, when they went to repair the tearing, i felt everything and nothing was working. After they were done, I got to hold my little girl. The first night was bad. . i had a bad reaction to the medicine. . was on pain killers and had to continue getting pitocin throughout the night for the bleeding. Each day was a little bit better and was glad that i can come home on monday . . So, now I'm on the couch for 2 weeks and everything and Gabrielle went for her first walk today . DH took her. . .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards