Successful Induction- Katelyn Nicolle is here! — The Bump
Birth Stories

Successful Induction- Katelyn Nicolle is here!

I have to say I had an amazing labor and delivery experience despite being induced.

I went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out I was 1 centimeter dilated and 90% effaced, a little high BP so we decided induction would be best for my health and Katie's too.

Thursday night was the night that we would go in for cervadil. We arrived at the hospital around 7pm, and were greeted by an amazing team of L&D nurses and my wonderful doctor as well. I got changed and they started the cervadil. DH and I rented DVD's (word of advice, BRING YOUR LAP TOP, we were so happy we did and were able to watch movies it also took my mind off of where I was.) My aunt is a L&D nurse where I delivered so we were treated like royalty! We were in the VIP suite for delivering with a wall of windows, and wonderful staff. They started my IV (blew a vein which was about the same pain as a contraction!). The next morning we woke up around 7am, and I was able to take a shower and they removed the cervadil. I was about 3 centimeters and fully effaced at that point.

DH and I showered and took a walk, went to the nursery before I settled in bed to start the pitocin. My new nurse was awesome, her name was Kelly, and she was what got me through the next few hours. As soon as the pit was started the contractions were strong as hell!! I could even start to feel the baby moving down already! At this point it was about 8:30 am, and I was ready for my epidural.

The anesthiologist came in, and gave me my epi, which we thought would be a blessing....(epi did not hurt at ALL by the way, in fact it felt just like a blood test). As soon as he gave it to me I had a feeling it wasn't working. My legs didn't get numb....nothing happened for whatever reason. My dr. came in and checked me and I was 6 centimeters!!
At this point it was 9:45am, and they said the anesthiologist couldn't come back in bc he has an emergency C!! I labored for about another hour or so, and he was still in there?? I thought those C's were fast!!!

Around 11:30am, my doctor came back in and I said I felt like I had to poop and felt the baby moving down (since I felt everything!!!!!!) My dr. kept trying to convince me the epi was working, even though I KNEW it wasn't. Dr. checked me and I was 10 centimeters and ready to go!!
My wonderful mom and DH and best friend Nicolle were there helping me though all of the pain. My aunt who works there and all of her friends were in there helping me through it all as well! It was more like a baseball game with everyone cheering for me to push than a delivery!! About 4 pushes and the head was out! At 11:52 my Katelyn arrived :) They placed her on my belly right away and I heard her little cry, she came out SO alert and was staring at DH and I with her beautiful blue eyes. She is the sweetest thing that I ever saw. My DH and I just looked at each other and cried and looked at her and couldn't believe she was really here! It was all worth the 4 hours of pain I had!

She is truly the most amazing gift God could have ever given to either of us. I never thought that you could love anything or anyone as much as I love her. She is just the most precious blessing. I just can not believe what a miracle DH and I made together.

I have been having a hard recovery. I had a nasty 2nd degree tear episiotomy, and on top of it all I was bleeding so much after I had her I almost needed a blood transfusion. My DH has been absolutely amazing throughout everything. After delivery I ended up passing out on the bathroom floor, and I woke up with a team of nurses and my DH crying and it was then that I felt more love for him than I ever have. He has helped me shower, get dressed, get upstairs, take care of the baby. I just couldn't ask for anything more than my DH and baby girl. He has been an amazing husband and father over the past 4 days I am so lucky to have married such an amazing man.

This has been the best experience of my life, and totally worth everything I have endured over the past few days. I wish you girls the best of luck!! See you on the 0-6 month board :)!

Here is a link to pictures of our angel :

>
https://www.totsites.com/tot/babykate072008/

Re: Successful Induction- Katelyn Nicolle is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards