Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Those that had D & E's?

How long did it take to get your 1st period and then was your period regular after that (like if you got it every 28 days prior to MC) is that what your cycles started to be?  TIA.  I just had a D & E 2 weeks ago and I am wondering. 

Re: Those that had D & E's?

• Options
    i had a d&c around 12wks.  i was regular immediately after that but i think i'm an oddball in that way.  i got my period on day 28 and then was a strict 26 day cycle after that. 
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    I had a D & C on April 4th. I bled for 14 days, spotted for another 14 and then AF came on CD 28. Next AF also arrived 28 days later. The 3rd AF was 34 days long (which was super weird) so we started charting and got pg the next cycle. I know I was pretty lucky to get AF so soon (but I am pretty sure that those first 2 cycles were anovulatory). Most ladies will get AF within 4-6 weeks. Hang in there and good luck. Hope to see you here soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had a D&C with suction, so basically a D&E.  I got my period a little over 30 days later, which was a little long for me and then I got pregnant on my next cycle, so it had to be pretty much on mark for that to happen.

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm the oddball on this one. I had a d&C and 60 days later AF showed up. My next cycle was a regular one.
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a D&E and it took 6 weeks for me to get my period. My periods have always been 28 days and that's what it continued to be.

• Options

After my 1st d&e, I got my period back only 3 wks later.  I got pg the next cycle after that (also a m/c).

My 2nd d&e, it took 6 wks to get my period back.  My cycles were very irregular after that, often several days shorter than normal, and once or twice a bit longer.  I think I was just getting back on a more regular schedule, and then I got pg this time.  (About 6 months after the surgery.)

• Options
    I had bleeding off and on for about two weeks after my d&e, and got my period about 28 days after the bleeding stopped, so about 6 weeks total. After that, my cycles were more or less normal...some a little shorter (25 days) and some a little longer (31 days). Also, my periods were often different -- either very heavy or very light.
  • Options

After the D&E, my first cycle was long (43 days), but then the next was like 34ish, and the cycle before my BFP was exactly 28days.  Prior to the D&E, my cycles were 28-30 days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"