Long Island Babies

Water birth and NUMC

Anyone have experience with NUMC birthing unit and the water tubs there?  Would love to hear your experience with your midwife and your birth, strongly considering this option.  Thanks.

Re: Water birth and NUMC

• Dale Cook was my midwife and she is fantastic.  I was going for a home waterbirth and unexpectedly ended up at NUMC.   the staff there were great and clearly really respect Dale and allow her to practice in a natural way that is the midwifery model  I was in a tub at home and the effect the water had was amazing.  If I hadn't had complications related to my boys size I think I would have dilated quickly and easily in the water.
  • I gave birth in the room with the birthing tub and I thought it was a good ?in between? for someone who wants a water birth, but doesn?t want to have a home birth. The room is pretty big, has its own bathroom, and is at the end of the hallway, separate from the rest of the maternity area. The tub itself is very nice and deep.

My midwife is Susan Brockmann (she?s awesome) and she works in the same group as Dale Cook. I can?t say enough great things about her. She was there for me the whole way and got me through a really long labor. Her focus is the total health of you and baby so she is very thorough and knowledgeable about nutrition, fetal positioning, and of course actual birthing.

I didn?t really like the hospital at all, but they weren?t espec . ially hard to deal with. I found that as long as you are polite and ask clearly for what you want they would comply. The labor & delivery nurses were good and very professional, but the aftercare nurses could be a little less ghetto. The lactation consultant there (Donna Duffy) was very helpful and didn?t stop until she made sure my little one and I knew how to get a good latch

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"