Baby Showers

Wording for no kids???

My bf called asking how she should word on the invite that no children at the shower. Her house is not big enough to accomodate my family's brood of kids. I thought " No children please" or  "Adult shower" but that shound a little weird. She is having writers block and so am I!! I have mentioned to my family IF they ask for shower details no kids and then explain why but there are a few that I havent seen that have the big broods.

Thanks!!

Re: Wording for no kids???

• If it's tradition in your family (as it is in many) that children at a shower are the norm, I can see some drama or hurt feelings over this. Is there any way that your friend can set up the kids in another room of the house with a neighbor babysitting - give them pizza & put in a video, etc?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • I would just add a line at the end that says Adults Only Please! If people take offense, oh well. Personally I can't see why pepole would want to bring their kdis to a shower anyway.
  • Loading the player...
  • It just amazes me that anyone would think it was OK to bring an uninvited guest, and/or bring children to a baby shower.

But if that's what you have to work with, there isn't much you can do about other peoples' manners. An invitation is intended to convey who IS invited, not who isn't, so "No children" comes off as rude.  Stick with "adults only" - or dress it up as "Kearber adores children, but this is an adult-only event for her girlfriends to celebrate this special time with her."

• How about taking the route of making it seem like the last ditch party for mom -to-be without little ones. (Think advertising it with the same tone as a bachelorette party).

"Mom's" last baby free bash.  (haha i know thats cheesy but someone more creative might be able to run with the idea!)

• imagevanillacourage:
    If it's tradition in your family (as it is in many) that children at a shower are the norm, I can see some drama or hurt feelings over this. Is there any way that your friend can set up the kids in another room of the house with a neighbor babysitting - give them pizza & put in a video, etc?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagevanillacourage:
    If it's tradition in your family (as it is in many) that children at a shower are the norm, I can see some drama or hurt feelings over this. Is there any way that your friend can set up the kids in another room of the house with a neighbor babysitting - give them pizza & put in a video, etc?
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagevanillacourage:
  • imagebkozrowski:
    imagevanillacourage:
  • imagebkozrowski:
    imagevanillacourage:
  • imagebkozrowski:
    imagevanillacourage:
  • imagebkozrowski:
    imagevanillacourage:
  • imagebkozrowski:
    imagevanillacourage:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"