Baby Showers
Options

Any good ideas for shower favors?

Re: Any good ideas for shower favors?

• Options
    I saved a whole slew of Gerber stage 2 baby food jars, and filled them with Sweet Tart candies (being pastel in color, go well with shower decor) Each jar held one and a half rolls of sweet tarts- I bought them in bulk at Sam's Club. I printed out adress labels in dark pink (my sis is having a girl) with a cute shower saying and stuck them on the jar. I also bought a cheap 4 pack of printed baby recieving blankets with cute patterns, and cut them into circles to cover the baby food jar lids, and tied them on with thin colored ribbons and tied a tiny pink plastic pacifier into the bow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My best friend had sugar cookies made in bottle, pacifier, and rattle shapes...put 1 of each in a plastic bag and tied it with a bow...they were adorable.  Food is usually a good favor...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am looking for an autumn-themed baby shower favor, and I found this online today:

I have a favor idea I always use for harvest time showers: it's "Harvest Tea Loaf" and it's made with Gerber Squash.  I buy a jar for each guest, print the recipe on cards with autumn leaf graphics and tie with raffia to the jar lid. Place them all in a pretty basket filled with silk red, orange and yellow maple leaves.

3/4 cup sugar
    1/3 cup shortening
    2 eggs
    A 7 1/2 oz. jar Gerber Squash
    1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    3/4 tsp. slat
    1/2 tsp. each - cinnamon, cloves
    1/3 cup each - chopped nuts and dates

Cream shortening and sugar until light. Add eggs, one at a time, then squash, beating well between. Sift dry ingredients and mix into shortening/squash mixture. Stir in nuts and dates. Turn batter into a greased 9x5x3 pan.
    Bake @ 350 for about 1 hour.

• Options
    We are having a girl, so my mom got pink take-out cartons, filled them with a few items:
    1. a baby block with salt water taffy inside of them (DH and I met down the shore)
    2. personalized fortune cookies (i love fortune cookies, hehe).
    3. filled rattles from Michael's with tiny mints, tied to the handle of the container with a personalized green ribbon.

My aunt decorated the boxes with two stickers on each side. The stickers may sound cheesy, but it was very cute. It made the container baby-ish. Oh! and on the tab of the container was a pink jewel stuck on it. So cute and girly!

My mom used coupons from flamingoworld.com/retails for coupons for Michaels. Those 40% off coupons really come in handy!

• Options
    We used a votive candle wrapped in tule. Tied it with ribbon and attached a little note saying; "This is a candle for you to light Once the stork makes his flight. The flame will glow to celebrate Baby _____'s arrival date." I found the votives at the dollar tree (4 for $1!), since we always have big showers in my family. Good luck.
  • Options

I've done/ had done for us:

boxes of animal crackers, cocoa mix with dipped pretzels- chocolate themed shower, bags of custom candies, mix cd's of songs involving the word baby- hilarious and horrible songs!  obviously the best

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"