New Mexico Babies
Options

Lost our dog in ABQ today (Ventana Ranch area)

Banking on the power of Nesties/Bumpies, I thought I'd take a chance and post to the local boards. Here's my XP from the Nest's local:

Abbey is a four/five year old yellow lab (maybe a mix) who we rescued on Valentine's Day in '09. This past week, we moved from Cheyenne to Albuquerque. It must have really confused Abbey, because today as the movers unloaded the truck, she took off for the front door when I let her out to pee. She even bypassed the treat in my hand (very unusual for this food-motivated labbie!). I should have leashed her to go outside; I just honestly didn't think she'd run for the door, since she never does.

Here's when I'm holding a treat:

I've done a few things so far:

* called the three local shelters (which I plan to do every day)

* walk/drive around the neighborhood with treats, calling her name (futile)

* talked to everyone I saw walking a dog, and a few kids to ask if they'd seen her (no)

* called the rescue we got her from to update our info with them, since they're listed on her microchip

* reported her as "lost" with AVID

* made "lost dog" signs with reward to hang tomorrow

* posted an ad on craigslist

What else should I do? Tomorrow I'll follow up on a lot of those things, including updating our info with our previous vet and making sure the shelters have her microchip number/stalking their websites for "found dog listings." Her bed and dinner are out on the front porch in case she finds her way home. 

I'm miserable and just feel like scum. Not only did I lose a member of our family, I lost my daughter's best friend, and the sweetest, most patient/tolerant/eager to please puppy of all time.

If there's any advice you have, or any suggestions, I'm dying to hear them. And if any one is in Ventana Ranch and see her, or know/hear of someone who did, of course let me know.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Lost our dog in ABQ today (Ventana Ranch area)

• Options
    Updating for Mells: They found her!!!!! Abbey was picked up by Animal Control last night. Her photo and description were posted online this morning. Mells will be there to pick her up when they open! YAY for ABQ AC!
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Options
    Oh, good! It breaks my heart to hear of a missing fur-baby. I'm glad she is home safe with her family!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so glad to hear you puppy is going to be home safe!! My brother lives in that area and I was gonna tell him to keep his eyes out.   haha

ps

imageHMTuthill:
    fur-baby. 

I love it.  That is how I think of my animals but I have never heard that before.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My dogs are definitely my babies! Fur-babies just fits :)
  • Options
    Glad you found your lost family member! Looks like your daughter really does love him!
  • Options
    I'm so glad she's back home!  I live downtown but I was going to keep my eyes open, too, just in case.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad you got your doggie back!  I bet you are so relieved.  Your baby is adorable too Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"