Illinois Babies
Options

Delivering at Evanston Hospital

Has anyone on this board delivered here?  How was your experience and would you recommend a nurse?

This is our 1st baby and I chose Evanston because of their good reputation, but wondering what others' experiences may have been like.

Thanks!

Re: Delivering at Evanston Hospital

• Options
    I did! Overall it was a great expierience. The nurses were nice, but honestly cant recommend anyone because I dont remember their names, and I honestly dont think you have a choice.  I had my first baby at Rush Northshore, and I like the nurses better at Evanston.
    I can however recommend a doctor, Dr. Loehrke is the best!
  • Options

Good to hear, thanks for your input!  I'm already working with Dr. Cislak who's been great so far.

Thanks again!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did too.  It was great.  The nurses were sooooooo nice, my favorite was Laura.  DH kept accidentally referring to the hospital room as a hotel, it was that nice.  The lactation consultants are great too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I m/c'd in December, and had to go to the hospital during it...while I was there, an OB resident was chatting with me and she said that ENH is way better for L&D than Prentiss Women's downtown, even though the downtown hospital is brand new, she felt that the nurses and the personal attention were far superior at Evanston.

So, since I heard it from a young dr who has spent time at both, I thought that was a great endorsement.

• Options
    Ok, I am really late posting to this question, but if you are like me, you check your posts. I delivered @ Evanston in March and had a wonderful experience. The L&D nurses (Nina and Katie) were amazing!!
  • Options
    we loved it there!! our l&d nurse was Malkie!! she was amazing! if you get to pick...pick her!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies...glad I checked back.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Sorry this is late but I just read your post.  Dr. Ciselak was my OB as well however she was not on call when I went to labor.  Dr. Nelson from her practice delivered my baby; he was great too.  Malkie the L&D nurse was amazing!  I highly recommend her as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"