Parenting
Options

Can I freeze individual Horizon Milk boxes?

In the hopes that they'll be thaw but still cold by lunch?

Or will it be icky to freeze milk?

Me with my littlest.

Re: Can I freeze individual Horizon Milk boxes?

• Options

No, I think there probably isn't enough room in those aseptic containers to allow for expansion when frozen. I imagine they might burst and leak?

Besides, I really think they'd only partially thaw by lunchtime. Good thing though is that they don't require refrigeration at all and my kids don't mind drinking them warm straight off the shelf! Sounds gross, I know, but it honestly doesn't seem to make one single bit of difference to them.

• Options

I do think they would freeze....the cardboardish box would expand just like juice boxes..its not aluminum or glass.

However, I doubt they'd thaw by lunch.

Does the school provide milk??

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    put it in the fridge over night and then just pack a cold pack with his lunch
  • Options
    J sometimes takes Capri sun water to school; when I sent it completely frozen it did not thaw, so now I move it into the freezer a few hours before school and it gets slushy and is perfect at school.
  • Options
    I just stick them in their insulated lunch boxes right before they leave for school.  usually it's still cool (maybe not cold) by 11:30 am lunch.  
  • Options
    It's been my experience that freezing milk sucks.  It expands the container like WHOA!  And it takes forfreakingever to thaw.  I tried it, wasn't a fan, haven't done it since.  But the smaller cardboard containers may be a completely different deal.  You can always try it and see how it works for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"