Boston Babies
Options

New to Boston Area!

Hi! My husband, toddler, and I are moving to the Belmont area in September.  I was hoping to get recommendations on a pediatrician as well as an OB (I am also 10 weeks pregnant with our second!)   in that area.  Since my husband and I have both lived in the DEEP south our entire lives, I also have what may seem like a really stupid question: if your pregnant in the winter, do you just wear a regular coat, or do they make special maternity coats? (please cut me some slack, I didn't even wear a coat at all last winter!) Thanks so much for all your help!!

Re: New to Boston Area!

• Options
    Welcome to Boston! I was about 6 months pg during the winter and was able to make due with my regular winter coat, but they do sell maternity winter coats. But you will need a winter coat either way:) Belmont to Medford isn't too far and I know the pediatricians at Medford Pediatrics. My friend sees Dr. Delollis and likes him a lot (there are 2... husband and wife, they see the man). I am in children's healthcare and have some patients in common with all the dr's in this group and they have a very good reputation. https://medfordpedi.com/Page3.html
  • Options
    Welcome to the area and congrats on your 2nd!  I live in Arlington right next to Belmont (my husband grew up there).  I have a reccomendation for a pedi. and OB both on Concord Ave. which runs from Belmont into Cambridge.  Both are just over the Belmont line.  My OB was Dr. Anne D'avenas at Fresh Pond Women's Health, 725 Concord Ave.  I had a great experience with her and found her through great reccomendations on this board. 
    DS's pedi. is Dr. Gopal Gupta at 799 Concord Ave.  He's been great with DS and I've never had a problem getting an appt./being seen.  In the same office is another pedi., Dr. Deborah James and they cover for each other.  Dr. D'avenas and Dr. Gupta are both affiliated with Mt. Auburn which may be where you deliver at.  One of the reasons I went with Dr. Gupta was because he could do DS's first check up in the hospital before we were discharged which was one less thing to worry about. 
    As far as a winter coat goes, I just wore a bigger size, but wasn't very big during the winter months.
    Hope this helps you out and feel free to page me with any questions!  Good luck with everything!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks so much ladies :) I really appreciate it! My husband and I are so excited to move there! Like, I said we've both been in the south our entire lives and are so excited for something new!!!  Too bad we're not there now... its too hot here! 

I will try to get those appointments set up! 

Did you deliver at Mt. Auburn?  I  was thinking that I would probably be there.  How was your experience? 

P.S. how do you send a personal message on this site?

Thanks, Kristen :)

• Options
    I did deliver at Mt. Auburn and had a great experience.  The nurses in both L&D and PP were great and you'll more than likely have a private room post-partum.  Not as important were the nice views of Boston for the rooms on one side of the hospital, free wi-fi and I thought the food was always good. 

I remember when I was in PP there was a sibling class touring the floor, so you could look into this once you move here--it would be a great way for you to see the hospital and fun for your toddler.  Here's the link to the classes and you can also look up OB's through the Find a Physician at the top of the page (I always like to see their pictures).

I don't think there's a way to privately chat on here, but you can page someone by putting their username in the subject line.
    https://www.mountauburn.caregroup.org/body.cfm?id=22
  • Options
    I got a winter coat 1 size too big and that got me through the winter. I use the Harvard Vangard in Watertown for my OB and pedatrician. I had gestational diabetes and I got excellent care there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"