San Diego Preeclampsia Walk-a-thon -Can you help, walk? — The Bump
San Diego Babies

San Diego Preeclampsia Walk-a-thon -Can you help, walk?

On May 10, 2008 The Preeclampsia Foundation will hold it's 4th annual Walk-a-thon and the second year in San Diego at Lake Miramar.  We are in need of sponsors and walkers!   If you know anyone who would like to sponsor our walk, please contact me (sandiegowat @ hotmail dot com).  We have sponsorship benefits, depending on the level of sponsorship.  They begin as low as $175.   If sponsorship is not for you, we would love to have you walk.   The registration is $15 and like the breast cancer walk, you can gather pledges from friends and family members to contribute your personal walk.

I am a co-chair of the walk and personally survived code blue eclamptic seizures, which resulted in my son being born 2 months and 1 day early. Thankfully we were the lucky ones and did not have any long-term health issues.
(Pics in bio)

Preeclampsia is one of the most common complications of pregnancy, with estimates ranging  from 5% to 8% of all pregnancies, and is one of the leading known causes of premature birth. Every year, nearly 350,000 pregnancies in the U.S. are complicated by preeclampsia; with 25% of those  reaching severe or critical status.  

If you think you can help, please let me know.
Becky
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards