VBAC

hi!

I am new to the boards, and I just wanted to say hello.

I had a baby in 2009 and had a bad experience. I wanted this time around to go through with a VBAC but naturally. Is anyone in the same boat? What are you doing to educate yourself on this?

bon app

Re: hi!

• Hi and welcome! This board has many knowledgeable women who can suggest educational sources. I am in the same boat as you (DS born 5/09). I have read and researched a lot of things but the one thing I have tried to do this time is not let myself get "married" to a natural birth plan again. This works for some women but for me it would be too traumatic to go through a natural birth plan turn c/s a second time. I am trying to be more "zen" this time around. That said a VBAC is absolutely do-able for most women and is still my goal.

I think the best set up for success is a provider who is on board with your VBAC wishes and a lot of communication. Make sure you understand the provider's and hospital policies so you can make informed decisions. Many would recommend a doula as well. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the board! I know a lot of the women here had or are planning to have a natural VBAC, so you should get some good resources. :) I went natural/HypnoBabies for my first until the call to c/s, and I got an epi with my VBAC, though it wore off before pushing. So I'm probably not what you're looking for but I can still wish you luck! :D

• Loading the player...
  • Hi, welcome to the board!

What was the reason for your cesarean?  We may have some more specific advice for you based on that.

Are you looking to learn more about VBAC itself, or about natural childbirth?  Two of my favorite books on NB are Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth.  They are great books overall and they both have a chapter on VBAC in them.

I'm also hoping to have a med-free VBAC this time.  I found a doctor who is really supportive of VBAC and med-free birth and I'm planning to hire a doula.  I may take a hypnobirthing class but I'm not sure about that yet.

GL! 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"