Orange County Babies

Disneyland tips?

We're going to Disneyland this weekend!!  Yippee!  It will be our first time going with kids - anyone have tips for us?  I'm hoping we'll last the day.  Thanks!

Re: Disneyland tips?

• Bring a stroller that is easy to maneuver in crowds. If it's an expensive one, bring a bike lock. If you've got a little portable fan, pack it. To cool off, go to the tiki room, on Pirates, watch the show and have a snack at the Golden Horseshoe, or go play in Innoventions. If you are going to both parks, bring swimsuits and towels so the boys can play in the water features in Bugs Land. The show Golden Dreams over there is pretty good and another good way to get in some a/c to cool off. Take advantage of fast passes and parent switch passes. If the kids will go in a carrier (ring sling or any others), bring those. It helps with standing in lines and keeping them from running off. Leashes are not child abuse and a great way to keep little ones from getting lost in the crowd. Pack snacks and some water bottles. Don't forget sunscreen, hats, etc. The rides in fantasyland usually have the longest lines, so head there first if you're going early. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. We go almost every week and have been since DD was 17 days old. Have fun!!!!
  • Thanks Bren!  That is amazing you guys go almost every week! 

So they let you bring in bottled water and snacks?  I thought they would make us throw them out at security when they dig through your bags??  And based on your experience of seeing others at the park, would you recommend a side-by-side stroller or a front-to-back stroller?  I can't decide which one to take.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow Bren! That was thorough! haha! Sorry, DT I've only been once w/ DD and the carrier came in real handy! I'd suggest the more narrow stroller BUT I'll let the expert advise! LOL! GL! Let us know how it goes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bring plenty of antibacteria wipes.  It's a germ fest there.
    Bring your stroller like what others have said.

• I second the wipes... and hand spray. Oh, and take and toss diaper changer covers can be nice. I'd take the front to back stroller, not the side by side. Disney is kind of narrow, especially over by jungle cruise and hard to maneuver a wide stroller. You're ok with snacks and bottles of water. It's more if they see a TON of food that they'll tell you to use the picnic area, but no one actually cares. They barely even look in your bag. Put the food at the bottom and no worries.
  • everything bren said .. and i'd also take the front to back stroller ... have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"