Orange County Babies

contractions suck!!!

so few hours ago my lower stomach started to hurt like really bad cramps at 1:30.... to the point of tears....really painful and back pressure came on too... so called DH to come home and i got rushed to the LD by 2:30... it was a full on contractions... 4 to 7mins apart when we got to the hospital...

they had to give me Turbulen or something like that to stop the contractions but after 15mins it came back so they gave me another shot.... which by the was burns and hurts like hell!!!!
really!!! it feels like someone putting a hot knife to your arm and digging in.... so after the second shot my contractions finally went away and some cervix lab test came back negative so now I am back at home now...

my mom went through this w me... i guess it's a payback time...not fun

all those natural mom's out there pprops to you!!! i don't know how you guys did it

what a crazy day....

Re: contractions suck!!!

• Oh wow, scary!!!  Glad you and your cervix are doing ok.  Baby Morla, please stay there for at least 5 more weeks!

Yup, contractions are killer.  I had them every 5 minutes for 30 hours before the hospital took pity on me and finally admitted me.  The moment I got my epidural was magic, just magic....
  • Yeah, no fun. Glad all has stopped.
  • Loading the player...
  • So glad they got them stopped. Mine were tolerable for the first 20 hours or so, then I crawled into a warm bath for a couple of hours, struggled through my OB appointment, ended up on pitocin, and dealt with those for multiple hours. Of my 50 hour labor, I had the epi for only the last 10 hours... and it wore off 3 times (completely wore off once b/c I couldn't get the anesthesiologist in b/c he was busy and once to prep for my c/s). They absolutely suck. I imagine it's even worse when you know you shouldn't be having them.
  • that doesn't sound good - glad they stopped for ya.
  • Wow, hang in there for another few weeks. You're so close!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"