Florida Babies
Options

too much tv for my kid?

Hi there I need all your adivce on this issue. This weekend I had a debate with my aunt she says my 2 1/2 year old has no attention spand and you can tell she watches way to much TV. I told her she might watch 2 hrs a day if that and that is not at one time. She only watches Noggin or Disney. My Aunt said it has been proven that when they watch TV all kids brain waves go into a sleep mode. I told her if that was true then why does my daughter dance and sing some of the songs along with the program she is watches. SO what do you guys think?

Re: too much tv for my kid?

• Options
    First, remind your aunt that your daughter is only two.  Of course she doesn't have any attention span!!!

However, I know there were some studies debating the use of those Baby Einstein videos with kids under two, but that is all I've heard research wise.  Personally, I've never been a big fan of TV, but think if your child is interacting with the TV and getting lots of stimiluation otherwise, it isn't a big deal. 
  • Options
    i agree...there's sitting your child in front of the tv having them mindlessly watching tv and then there's interactive watching which is stimulating for the child.  so if your daughter is singing along and dancing to what she watches, i think that's great! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"