Parenting

AW - Just order myself an ipad

I've been wanting an ipad forever and I finally decided I'd breakdown and buy it.  It's for business so it's a tax write-off.  I've driven by the apple store at least 3 times this week but it's been totally crazy.  I finally just ordered it online tonight.  I wanted the tax write-off for 2010 so I needed to order it today.  I can't wait until it comes in!!!  This is why I wanted to just go buy it at the store.  Oh well, I can wait now that I know one is coming soon.  Woohoo!

So tell me what apps should I start looking into?  Cases?  Accessories?

Re: AW - Just order myself an ipad

• You will love it.  LOVE it.

I made my own cover/carrier for it, and don't have any accessories presently, but the Kindle app is hands down my favorite. 

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • I saw your totally adorable cover/carrier!  I have a Kindle but I'm debating selling it if I like my iPad enough for reading.  I'm not sure if I'll like it being backlit.  Does it hurt your eyes/head to read on it?  I know it's not like reading on a computer, but is it as good as reading on the Kindle?
  • Loading the player...
  • Soooo Jealous i want one SOOO bad!!
  • imagechannelmomma:
    Soooo Jealous i want one SOOO bad!!

I've been wanting one for ages and saw so many people getting one for Christmas.  I can justify it in that it's a business expense.  I'm going to a photog seminar/trade show in a few weeks and I told DH that all the "cool kids" had iPads and I needed one to fit in.  He rolled his eyes, but the business paid for it and he's dying to play with it too so he didn't argue with me.  He even got all excited when I ordered mine tonight.

• I haven't used a Kindle, but I haven't had any issue reading on the iPad.
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • I got one for Christmas and haven't opened it yet. It is KILLING me...but I keep reading they are announcing the iPad 2 in January and I know I'm going to want it, so I am trying to hold off until then. 

• I know.  I was trying to hold out to hear about the iPad 2, but I heard it's going to be a few more months before that comes out.  Besides, I needed the write-off for this year since I didn't purchase as much new equipment/computers/whatever as usual.
  • I don't mind the screen being backlit at all. I just obsessively read The Help on my iPad and loved it. I, personally, like iBooks, but I haven't used the Kindle app all that much. I do have it, though, and the Nook app as well.

I'm kind of an app addict, so here's a list of some of my (and DS"s) favorites.

Annamika- such a cool app, especially if you're a photographer.

Pocket Frogs- I got it for DS and now I'm completely addicted.

The Treasures of Montezuma

Little Things

Art Puzzles

NYT Crosswords

Chicktionary

Pandora

Amazon shopping app

For DS:

iWriteWords

Sound Shaker (my baby loves this one, too)

Squiggle- it's kind of buggy, but free and fun nonetheless

Any of the Duck Duck Moose apps

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox

Puppet Pals is a super cool app, but he doesn't play with this one much. I think it's free, though, so you might want to check it out.

Elmo's Monster Maker

ABC Wildlife

CakeDoodle

CookieDoodle

Toy Story 3 Operation Camouflage

PopOut! Peter Rabbit

PopOut! Night Before Christmas (DS1 loves the PopOut! books SO much)

The Wrong Side of the Bed

The Pedlar Lady of Gushing Cross is pretty awesome, too- like a combination of book and movie. Most of the language is over his head, but he likes it anyway.

TypeDrawing

Drawing Pad

123 Color

123 Sticker

Color and Draw

Lke I said, I'm an app addict. :)

imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • I love mine.  My mom bought it for me for Thanksgiving.  The kids and MH love it too.   I got my cover free through my cc rewards.  I am reading my first book on it and I haven't had any problems with it being backlit.   I love ebooks now.  I am glad not to have the space taker book cause I never read the again.  I haven't downloaded too much.  Will get some ideas from Feeme but I can also say we love cake doodle.  MH  (and kids) loves Air Attack,  tech deck grind and ibomber.  Other than that I don't have too many, mine has already crashed (while the kids were playing) but was able to recover most...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh, and DH got me the Apple iPad case: https://appleipadcover.com/ (the first one on here). It's not super cute or anything, but it works well.
    imageimage
    Alex (11/14/06) and Nate (5/25/10)
    "Want what you have, do what you can, be who you are." - Rev. Forrest Church
  • imagefemmegem:

I don't mind the screen being backlit at all. I just obsessively read The Help on my iPad and loved it. I, personally, like iBooks, but I haven't used the Kindle app all that much. I do have it, though, and the Nook app as well.

I'm kind of an app addict, so here's a list of some of my (and DS"s) favorites.

Annamika- such a cool app, especially if you're a photographer.

Pocket Frogs- I got it for DS and now I'm completely addicted.

The Treasures of Montezuma

Little Things

Art Puzzles

NYT Crosswords

Chicktionary

Pandora

Amazon shopping app

For DS:

iWriteWords

Sound Shaker (my baby loves this one, too)

Squiggle- it's kind of buggy, but free and fun nonetheless

Any of the Duck Duck Moose apps

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox

Puppet Pals is a super cool app, but he doesn't play with this one much. I think it's free, though, so you might want to check it out.

Elmo's Monster Maker

ABC Wildlife

CakeDoodle

CookieDoodle

Toy Story 3 Operation Camouflage

PopOut! Peter Rabbit

PopOut! Night Before Christmas (DS1 loves the PopOut! books SO much)

The Wrong Side of the Bed

The Pedlar Lady of Gushing Cross is pretty awesome, too- like a combination of book and movie. Most of the language is over his head, but he likes it anyway.

TypeDrawing

Drawing Pad

123 Color

123 Sticker

Color and Draw

Lke I said, I'm an app addict. :)

saving to steal some of these apps!

• Sweet with the Ipad 2 coming out that means the Ipad will get cheaper :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"