Parenting

The child is going strong.

He might just make it to midnight.

And of course, part of me will die if he wakes up at 5am, but for now we'll just go with it.

Granted (and get ready to clutch your pearls Sanctimommies), I am hardcore buzzing right now, so all is well.

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.

Re: The child is going strong.

• Mine is still awake, too. I am not happy.
    AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • I thought the girls might.  We had a party that just finished.  DD#1 was a bit tired during the party but perked up afterwards.  DD#2 was insisting that she was not exhausted and she was staying up (and acting wide awake) right up until she sat down to watch the Times Square coverage.  She was out within 5 minutes and DD#1 was glassy eyed.  We just threw them both in bed. 

FWIW - We told the girls they could stay up as late as they lasted tonight.

• Loading the player...
  • I love it...kids up past bedtime, mommy buzzed, works for me.  We just got home from the neighbors house.  I had to drag DD out even though I can tell she is exhausted.  Ds was tired and ready.  After a couple glasses of wine, I am buzzed and now watching new years on the tv,bowl of ice cream, waiting for New kids on The Block to come on.

Happy New Year !!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mine are both in bed, but I have no doubt he'd be able to stay up until midnight. He was up until almost 1 am on Christmas. We're lucky though, both of them will sleep in if they're up late usually. They've both slept until 9:30 or later everyday since christmas eve.
  • L passed out early.  He didn't nap, and we played hard tonight.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • W's counterpart is still up as well. She may be up alone soon b/c if I close my eyes it's over. Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"