Austin Babies

natural cure for...

What is a natural cure for diarrhea? Poor Adley has had diarrhea all day.  My mom says bananas.  (We did give her some today.)  But I'm curious what other people say.  TIA!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: natural cure for...

• poor baby. I don't know any cures but I do know bananas constipate DS so it does seem to make sense to me.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • I believe apples are supposed to help, too... good luck!
    Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**the nestie formerly known as karen2508**
  • Loading the player...
  • depends on who you are with bananas. they consitpate me, but give dh diarehea. hope she feels better soon!
  • Another vote for bananas.  Also, I've noticed when Luke drinks tons of milk he gets a bit backed up.

Have you tried any probiotics to help balance the good bacteria in her system?  We give Luke Florastor when he takes antibiotics to lessen the chance of diarrhea.

ETA:  Back off the grapes while she's having digestive issues.  I have to ration grapes or they give Luke super loose poops.

• Use the brat diet - bananas apples rice and toast. That should help. I also second probiotics, we use culturelle. No fun, sorry!
    Photo by Melissa Glynn
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My mom always said to follow the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. Hope she's feeling better soon!
  • There's not really a cure per se. If you fed her something that is causing it, removing it helps, yes. If she's getting too much juice, fruit or is on an antibiotic.

Otherwise, you usually just have to wait it out and focus on keeping her hydrated while it runs it's course. As long as she's still taking in fluids she should be OK. Give her a little pedialyte if you can get her to drink it. It has all the electrolytes etc.  The new Strawberry flavor is actually pretty good and Abby drank it like crazy the other day (she had been throwing up). It's the first flavor that doesn't make me want to vomit!

The BRAT diet is a good place to start for making her tummy happy but if she wants to eat her normal diet, she can do that too. The BRAT diet is usually more helpful when recovering from a stomach bug more than diarrhea.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"