Two Under 2

My first week and a half with 2U2

I had my 2nd baby on Dec. 20th. So far I have to say it's been pretty good, but I say that because we are staying with my parents right now so I have only been alone with the two kids for a total of about an hour! Either my mom, dad or DH has been here the whole time which has been a major help. DD is doing well around him. Of course she tries to climb on him when he's in his bouncy seat and pokes at him and stuff, but she isn't jealous really. I think that's got a lot to do with there always being another adult around to give her attention. The first couple nights with DS were bad; he was up half the night, but now is sleeping and just waking up to eat and going right back to sleep. I know one day soon I will have to be alone with the two of them and I am a little freaked but will figure it out! I think the key will be finding a secure, babyproofed place that DD can run around in while I nurse him. I am keeping DD in daycare 3 days a week while I'm on maternity leave which I think is a huge help for me and for her. I also can see why there aren't many posts on this board - you are twice as busy with 2! None of the 2U2 moms have time to post I'm sure...

Anyway, that's my experience so far...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My first week and a half with 2U2

• Congrats! DS was also born on December 20th and we too, were staying with my parents...mainly for them to help out with DD and because of Christmas. The whole time there, there was someone with me to help. We did come home on Wednesday, but DH is off work for the next 2 weeks. He did run a few errands yesterday and I stayed with both babies, and it was manageable. It's just hard when DD has an interest in DS and wants to pick him up, swing him, feed him etc. When she's busy with her toys, then it's not so bad.
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"