2nd Trimester
Options

Spending New Years at my MIL house :(

She keeps saying mean comments to me. It is so frustrating. I am so ready to leave. She says she doesn't have to clean her house because she is not our maid and that she can live a dirty house if she wants too. UGH. I am so ready to go home.
Mom to Zi born 8.30.07 and Zo born 8.12.09 and Zaid born 5.07.11

Re: Spending New Years at my MIL house :(

• Options
    Yuck.  She sounds like a real peach.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She just told me that she hopes the baby is born on April Fool's Day as it would be the most appropriate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like our MILs are sisters.  Where are you in NC i'm in Durham.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemusicamh:
    Sounds like our MILs are sisters.  Where are you in NC i'm in Durham.
    I am from Raleigh and live in New Bern, but my MIL is actually from Durham.
  • Options
    Mine is in Fayetteville.  Sometimes you just have to eye roll and move on.  This is my second and with my first one my personality was super sweet and calm.  This one I get pretty nasty.  If you irritate me I may just respond in kind.  So far In 6 years dealing with her craziness I've only told her to about her behavior twice and both times it was this pregnancy.  Honestly if she was to call my child an April Fool I would have probably lost it on her! 
  • Options

imagezsmommy:
    She just told me that she hopes the baby is born on April Fool's Day as it would be the most appropriate.

Yuck how awful 

• Options
    imagemusicamh:
    Mine is in Fayetteville.  Sometimes you just have to eye roll and move on.  This is my second and with my first one my personality was super sweet and calm.  This one I get pretty nasty.  If you irritate me I may just respond in kind.  So far In 6 years dealing with her craziness I've only told her to about her behavior twice and both times it was this pregnancy.  Honestly if she was to call my child an April Fool I would have probably lost it on her! 
    This is my 3rd, and I was more kind with my last 2 but this one I just can't help it. Her comments seem to be annoying me a lot more. DH just tells me to keep quiet because he knows she is just trying to get me mad.
  • Options

imagezsmommy:
    imagemusicamh:
    This is my 3rd, and I was more kind with my last 2 but this one I just can't help it. Her comments seem to be annoying me a lot more. DH just tells me to keep quiet because he knows she is just trying to get me mad.

F' that!  I am in a mood tonight.  I would tell her that if she thought the baby was a fool...then not to worry, she would not be spending any time with this one or the other two

• Options
    Why is she saying that? Are you actually making a mess or is she just being a biatch trying to get under your skin?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She sounds like a total Charmer. And I definitly think my Mil and yours have to be related. only mine totally wins the biggest ***  and loser award.. EVERY year in a row. that is why we no longer have her in our lives. Thank god.. Lmao
  • Options
    UGH....So sorry you are dealing with that tonight.  Maybe you will get 'sick' and have to leave early!
  • Options

Could be worse.

My mil lives with us, pays no bills AND makes a mess!!

May 30th is her move out date and it can't come soon enough! She has lived with us for over a year now and I don't hold back anymore. She hates me, and I kind of like it that way. lol

Since you don't live there, just leave. I will NOT be that kind of mil for sure!

• Options
    imagemom2alex17:

Could be worse.

May 30th is her move out date and it can't come soon enough! She has lived with us for over a year now and I don't hold back anymore. She hates me, and I kind of like it that way. lol

Since you don't live there, just leave. I will NOT be that kind of mil for sure!

We will be leaving today or tomorrow. I can't wait. Her house is 4 hours away from ours. DH just says to ignore but I wish he would stand up for me sometimes.
  • Options
    Was she drunk?!?!
  • Options

He says that she is crazy so he just ignores it. Now sometimes he does go off on her. MIL just orders him around and treats him like crap too.

imageCTGirl30:
    imagezsmommy:
    imagemom2alex17:

Could be worse.

We will be leaving today or tomorrow. I can't wait. Her house is 4 hours away from ours. DH just says to ignore but I wish he would stand up for me sometimes.

OP - then you have a DH problem, not a MIL problem. Your husband's first loyalty needs to be to his wife now that you're married and I'm sorry he lacks the backbone to stand up for you when his mother is disrespectful to you. I think you need to address that with him and not let the issue drop.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"