3rd Trimester

question for those who have LO's already!!!

How did you know it was time to head to the hospital?! I'm so worried that I won't know when to actually go. I always thought the signal was when your water breaks, but I know that's not always the case. I'm also worried that I'll think it's time, and be wrong and they'll just send me home embarrassed! So how did you determine it was time?

Re: question for those who have LO's already!!!

• Having strong contrax 3-5min. apart, lasting a min., for an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When you are in enough pain for over an hour that you no longer care about your hair, makeup, offending people, or vomiting on someone's feet, its time to go. Seriously. Unless you live quite a distance from the hospital or are stuck in a blizzard, then leave while you are still concerned about vomiting on someone else's feet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You will definitely know the difference b/w BH contractions and the real thing.  The real thing will hurt and stop you in your tracks where you have to breathe through them.  Good luck!

• I was induced but I was concerned about this as well and can only tell you that you will know when you feel them. Contractions are much different than BH or anything else you have ever felt so trust me you will know.
  • I'm not much help...I went in when my water broke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • When my contractions were 3-5 minutes apart and lasting 60 seconds. Also, when I was having trouble standing or talking through them. It also depends on how far you are from your hospital. DH called the hospital when I was in labor also to get their advice. GL.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'd say always err on the side of going in. When I was in labor with my DS, I could still talk through my contractions when they were 2 minutes apart. I felt like I should go in, but my midwife said I could have 24 more hours to go, if I still felt so good. I spent the whole ride there trying not to push, which was not fun!

So if you have this nagging feeling you should go in -- go in!

• imagemissfire:

I'd say always err on the side of going in. When I was in labor with my DS, I could still talk through my contractions when they were 2 minutes apart. I felt like I should go in, but my midwife said I could have 24 more hours to go, if I still felt so good. I spent the whole ride there trying not to push, which was not fun!

So if you have this nagging feeling you should go in -- go in!

I agree- don't feel embarrassed if you go in and get sent home.  When I was in having DS, there were 5 girls in (small hospital) and I was the only one who didn't get sent home.  Mine were 4 minutes apart when I went to the hospital.  They were uncomfortable but not awful.  I ended up going in and sloooooowly but surely made progress and had DS 24 hours later.  I know a lot of people say you should wait as long as you can so you're not just laying in the hospital, but honestly because he was my first, I was happy to be there.

• My water broke before I started having contractions-  my OB appt was a few hours later anyway so we stayed home until then. I went in at 9am and they confirmed water breaking and said to head over.  I was told I could labor at home a bit first.  Went home.  I think the internal at mya ppt really got things going b/c BAM there was labor.  When I projectile vomited at 11:30 we decided to head in (hospital is about 2 miles away).  Got to the hospital around noon-  delivered at 1:42
    EDD with #4  01-20-14
    Proud mama to a boys-  6/17/09 - a girl 2/23/11- and a boy 8/20/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"