Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Off To The ABC Store

For those of you not from the South...I am off the the ABC store AKA the Red Dot store to get some liquor for tonight before 7PM. In SC, you can't purchase liquor from a regular store, you have to go to the ABC store. You can't buy beer/wine from the same place as liquor, and you can't buy liquor after 7PM. You can't buy any booze, no beer, wine or liquor on Sunday in most places in SC, although there are a few exceptions. By Sunday I mean midnight on Saturday. In a very few places you can get beer or wine on Sundays (still no liquor), and in some places you can drink after midnight on Saturday (private club) or on Sundays in some cities at a resturant.

What fun liquor/booze laws do you have where you live? If any?  

(oh this is a post and run because it is 5:55 here)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Off To The ABC Store

• Options
    we just got the ability to buy alcohol before noon on sunday!!!!! but we can buy it basically any place that has a license. no need for special stores.  our only rules were not betwen 2am sunday-noon sunday.  now unless your county has banned it you can buy it before noon. and later on christmas eve and what not. but anyway, bloody mary's for all!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Ooooh, you're off to the packy?

Here in RI there used to be a law that prohibited liquor stores to open on Sunday.  That law no longer exists. lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in NC, so the laws are similar.  We have the ABC store, but it's open til 9:00.  We can purchase beer/wine at store until 2:00 am, Sunday being the exception.  You can purchase or consume alcohol on Sunday after 12pm.  There are a few counties in NC that are dry.  They are mostly in the mountouns where people make the moomshine. Thse laws are rediclous to me!!! 

Happy New Year! Drink em if you got em :)

• Options
    Most of PA is still like that too. Although, in some places you can now buy beer in the grocery store (but only 2 six-packs, and only in stores with an in-store cafe).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh...I hear ya girl! We can't buy liquor after 12 on saturday nights, the dollar store just started selling their own brand of wine (which I don't even want to experiment). The bars have to stop serving at 2 have to close by 3 am.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options

imageMrs.Umm:
    Most of PA is still like that too. Although, in some places you can now buy beer in the grocery store (but only 2 six-packs, and only in stores with an in-store cafe).

I'm originally from NY, where you can buy beer pretty much anywhere.  MH's best friend (where we hung out all the time when we started dating) lived across the street from a convenience store/gas station, and it was so convenient!  Out of beer?  Walk across the street!

I was used to the laws here in PA because I went to school here, but it was a shock for DH when he moved down here.

Also, apparently my part of PA has never heard of 6-packs.  You have to go to the beer distributor for beer, and they only have cases!  Or you can get a six-pack at a bar...um, if I wanted to be at a bar I wouldn't be looking for a six-pack.

• Options
    image**Papps**:

Ours is much like yours. Our liquor stores close at 7pm, and they are closed on Sundays. You can buy wine and mixes at any grocery store (even Target) but no hard liquor.

When I first moved here from California, I walked into Safeway and asked where the Vodka was. They looked at me like I was green and had 6 eyes Embarrassed

When I moved to CA from SC I walked into a Walgreen and about fell over when I saw the Vodka...just out in the open, next to the tampons and greeting cards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

No liquor, wine, or beer in pharmacies, grocery stores, gas stations, Target, Walgreens, or etc here in NJ. If, you're lucky enough, some grocery stores like Shop Rite will have their own liquor store section next to the grocery store. But that only means you have to finish your grocery shopping then walk into the liquor store to get what you need. Aside from that we can only buy such items at a liquor store- that's it.

Edit to clarify.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

AL is weird because we have ABC stores and regular liquor stores.  The ABC stores close early and the "reg" stores jack up their prices after hours.  So its best to buy liquor before 7pm.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options

NC liquor laws are similar to SC's....I actually went to SC to get some wine and beer at Frugal McDougal since I was so close to the SC border earlier today. 

Enjoy your beverages this evening Smile

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMilliways:

For those of you not from the South...I am off the the ABC store AKA the Red Dot store to get some liquor for tonight before 7PM. In SC, you can't purchase liquor from a regular store, you have to go to the ABC store. You can't buy beer/wine from the same place as liquor, and you can't buy liquor after 7PM. You can't buy any booze, no beer, wine or liquor on Sunday in most places in SC, although there are a few exceptions. By Sunday I mean midnight on Saturday. In a very few places you can get beer or wine on Sundays (still no liquor), and in some places you can drink after midnight on Saturday (private club) or on Sundays in some cities at a resturant.

What fun liquor/booze laws do you have where you live? If any?  

(oh this is a post and run because it is 5:55 here)

Haha, I read the subject and was like "Oh, she's from the carolinas!"

I thought that the ABC stores were the STRANGEST thing when I moved to the south.

{10.04.08}

BFP on 2.2.11
  • Options
    Im from South Carolina and I miss it :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRhodyMomToBe:

Ooooh, you're off to the packy?

Here in RI there used to be a law that prohibited liquor stores to open on Sunday.  That law no longer exists. lol.

LOVE! I am a fellow New Englander Smile

So I live on the MA/NH border. In MA you can't buy beer, wine, or liquor at a store other than a liquor store, though if you're within a certain mileage of NH grocery stores and convenience stores are allowed to sell liquor as well.

Also, in MA, liquor stores are closed on Sundays, but again, if you're within a certain mileage to NH your stores are open on Sundays.

In NH grocery stores and convenience stores can sell beer and wine, but you have to go to the state liquor store to buy hard alcohol. It's usually at least a little cheaper to buy your liquor in NH (lower prices and no tax) but convenience wise, unless you're driving through the state... not so much. I live in a town that is right on the border, so I can typically get what I need when I'm grocery shopping Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"