Cloth Diapering
Options

ecover?

I see some posts referring to ecover for Kissas that get crunchy. I've noticed that our once fluffy soft kissas are hardening with use. Nothing crazy - but i've noticed.

So - what is ecover, where do you get it, how often should it be used... etc?

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ecover?

• Options

We bought ours at whole foods. We go there once a week anyways so it's not a special trip. I think you can buy it online too.. maybe amazon? 

ETA: I forgot to mention it's fabric softener that's safe for CD's, like fitteds and prefolds, or anything without PUL. I just started using it, but I'll probably add it to my wash routine once a week. Here's the link to their store locator. You can check if there's somewhere close to you that sells it..

https://www.findecover.com/#Where%20to%20Buy

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ecover is an eco-friendly fabric softener. Its safe for CDs and inserts as long as there is no PUL, so you can use it on fitteds, hemp inserts, etc. You can find it at grocery stores like Whole Foods. I found it in the natural foods section of my local grocery store. 

If they're crunchy, I've done a soak with a capful or 2 of Ecover, and then launder as usual. It makes them so soft again! :) When I'm using it in a regular wash (and I use it on LOs clothes too) I put it in a Downy ball. I use it for her clothes all the time and diapers every once and a while when it seems like they need it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

If you can't use it on PUL do you do a separate load of laundry for the covers?  Or if you do the separate soak on the fitteds/inserts (before or after they're washed btw) can you then throw them in the washer with the covers and wash everything together?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"