Attachment Parenting
Options

Just got an Ergo - a few questions

I just got an Ergo today and I figured out how to get LO settled in it, but I have a couple of questions that hopefully you ladies can help me out with.

First, LO is only a month old but when I tried the Ergo in the store (a cloth diapering/babywearing store with really helpful salespeople) with the infant insert it seemed really bulky and the salesperson said that she thought he might not need it.  DS is 4 weeks old and almost 11 lbs so he is pretty big for his age, but I wonder if he is not being supported enough since I watched the instructional videos on the Ergo website and they said to use the infant insert until the baby has good head control, around 4-6 months.  WDYT?

Second, I am having a hard time figuring out a way to sit comfortably with the Ergo on.  The waist strap digs into my back and sides when I am sitting down.  Any ideas about what I can do to prevent this?

Thanks!

Married to DH since 6/30/2007
Me: 32  DH: 32
BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
TTC #2 since 5/2014
BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
BFP #3
: 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
**all AL welcome**

image image
TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
Scumbag Penguin

Re: Just got an Ergo - a few questions

• Options

C always hated the insert, we just froggied his legs in the carrier.  When he was that young he fell asleep almost instantly on my chest, so the head support wasn't really necessary for us.

Can't help you with the sitting, sorry. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"