Single Parents

Greatest lesson learned in 2010

What was everyone's greatest lesson (or lessons)? 

I learned that I am stronger than I EVER knew.  I learned I can do it all on my own.  I learned that I don't need a man around and am complete without one (with the exception of P of course). 

2010 was a hard year but a great year!  I made so many wonderful friends and have wonderful memories.  And the best thing is that SD is no longer a part of our lives.  I am so grateful for that!

How about you ladies??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Greatest lesson learned in 2010

• Biggest lesson in general: Nothing is as bad as it seems. Everything WILL be ok.

Lessons about myself: I am so strong! I've always thought that I was a very co-dependent person- not true. I'm actually a very independent person who just happens to enjoy good relationships. 

Lessons about my life: I'm so blessed. DD makes me happier than all my other hopes/dreams combined. I have amazing friends and an even more amazing family.

• I learned how much of myself I lost in my relationship.  I used to be very strong and independent and able to stand up for myself.  Over the course of my relationship (6 years), I lost that.  I have rediscovered a lot of that strength of the past few months and can only hope that in the future, I never lose those parts of myself again.   

• Loading the player...
  • I can handle a LOT more than I thought I ever could and there is NO shame in asking for/receiving help when you really need it.
  • Ask me again next year...I feel like right now I'm in the midst of learning a ton but can't really put my finger on anything I've actually (learned/mastered). I do know that this has been the hardest 8 months of my entire life and I KNOW that at the end of next month it will ALL be worth it...but right now, I'm too deep to see the positive! :/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• What you all said.  Smile
  • imageachase123:

I learned that I am stronger than I EVER knew.  I learned I can do it all on my own.  I learned that I don't need a man around and am complete without one. 

All of this.  Here's to an amazing 2011!  Drinks

• I learned to never take anything for granted.

I also learned I'm a LOT stronger of a person than I thought it was. I credit my DS for giving me that strength, even if he doesn't realize it. Everything I do is for him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I learned that I am a lot stronger then I thought I was and that no matter how bad things get, they will always get better!
  • 1. Grass is never greener on the other side (it just looks that way)

2. Forgiveness (myself in general)

3. Love...I learned about love because I found out what I thought was love wasn't really. And once I found love (DS) is nothing you can ever let go!

4. Never be ashamed to ask for help.

• That it's up to me to "rescue" myself, and that no one else can do it for me... and that I shouldn't expect them to.

That I need to be happy with myself before I can be happy with someone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"