Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

If PTing was easy in the beginning...

did it stay that way?

I'm not posting this to brag by any means. But today is the first day I just threw DS in underwear. I was expecting 10+ accidents by now, but he's had none. I've been taking him to the potty every hour, but the last two times, he asked to go. He has peed on the potty 5 times.

I posted something on FB saying that I know I am jinxing myself, but this is so easy something must be wrong. Someone commented that it started out that way for them, and that was 6 months ago and their son still isn't fully trained or even close. (Thanks for the support!)

Anyway, is it inevitable that it will get harder? And when?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: If PTing was easy in the beginning...

• Options
    You'll have your moments :) the first few weeks were awesome, then baby came, then holidays. He has been good today. It purely is sitatuonal at this point. Good luck! I hope he's a natural!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    was easy, stayed pretty easy and now she's even in undies at night too. I think when they're ready, it's easy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We potty trained DD the first weekend in November. It was MUCH easier than we were expecting. She was taking herself to the potty on the first day of training. We totally just got lucky and I keep waiting for some regression or something but it's been 2 months now with no problems. Crossing my fingers for you that it really was just that easy! :)
    DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Options
    Yes.... I would honestly say dd was PT'd in less than 24 hours at 22 months.... it *was* easy. Of course she has had a few accidents (maybe 1-2/week but it's only when we're playing outside and/or I'm not paying attention to her) but it wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated. GL!!!!! Hope it keeps going as smoothly for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

yep it was that easy for us - i hope you have the same success!!

and the pp mentioned the child pees in underwear - my DD throws a fit and will not wear underwear.  i think she thinks it is like a diaper, and she's a big girl now!  so she has been going commando since 21 months.  hey if it gets me out of diaper duty, no big deal!

• Options

In general, yes, it stayed pretty easy.

DD has had 2 (what I refer to them as) regressions, and 1 sickness/medical related regression (from a yeast infection) and they were pretty bad. But they passed and now everything is fine again.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's been easy for us. DD basically PTed herself about 4 months ago. Rarely had any accidents at first, and rarely has them now (only if she's too busy doing something else and throws a tantrum for not wanting to go, then she has an accident).
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"