Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Ferber - How Did Your Night 1 Go?

I am just now finishing up reading Solve Your Childs Sleep Problems, by Dr. Ferber and plan on starting tonight. I know it's going to be tough, butit has to be done. I am beyond exhausted and extremely b!tchy.

Honestly, how was night 1 for you and how long did it take to see results?

Re: Ferber - How Did Your Night 1 Go?

• Options
    Reaaaalllyyy bad, so we abandoned it.  We did it when we tried to take her paci away.  We decided we'll let her keep it for a few more months then try again. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Night 1: Awake from 2-4 AM, crying pretty much nonstop.  I started going in after 3 minutes, then 5, then 7, never more than 10.  She fell asleep at 4, woke up at 6 but went right back to sleep before I went in.

Night 2: STTN.  And (pretty much) every night since then. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    2 nights of hell then STTN since..its worth it, just stick with it...The first night, he cried for about 20 minutes, then woke up once and cried for 90 minutes..and so did I. But it worked wonders and we are all a MUCH happier family! Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Jack - 6.7.2010 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hell. She cried for 45 min thens slept for 2 hrs, then cried from 10:15-2am. That was last night. Tonight is night 2. I hope your night goes well, and here's to a happy new year with more sleep in it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Pretty much 2 nights and nap times of crying... I started with 5 minute intervals, then 10, and so on.... it was so hard not to pick him up when he would try to crawl up in his crib to get to me. Night #2 I had to get DH to do it because I was just to the point of giving in....

Nap times are still somewhat of a struggle, but nights are much better. He even slept till 6:50 this morning which is amazing!

PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Last night was our first night.  It took a little less than an hour for DS to fall asleep...and then he slept for 10 hours!  He woke up about 5:30, nursed, and then went back down for about 45 minutes (with a few minutes of crying).  The first nap today was tough, but the second nap went much better...we didn't even have to go in before he stopped crying.

I kind of think it was a fluke, so we'll see how tonight goes. =)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I can't remember specifics but it wasn't all that bad- the 2nd time around.  We tried it when he was closer to 5 months and it was a big fail.  We waited, took the paci away, and tried again at 6 months and it was a day or 2 of a few wakings a night and he is now down to 1 feeding a night.  He often wakes at one other time (usually around 5am) and he'll fuss for about about 2 minutes and fall back to sleep.  We did actual Ferber method the first time around but the 2nd we did not go in at increments.  He gets MUCH worse when we do. 

If I had to guess, I'd say the first night he cried for about 15 minutes and fell asleep.  He then woke up a few times throughout the night and cried/fussed for more like 5 before falling back to sleep.  We go in and check on his after he falls back to sleep- just for peace of mind.

GL!!!!

• Options
    It was really tough for me to hear her cry like that but it was worth it. Total crying of 40 mins the first night and then it steadily decreased from there. Although whenever her routine gets messed up we have to start the intervals again. Stick with it for at least a few nights. GL!
  • Options

I'm on night two tonight.   Last night LO went down at 9pm, cold turky on the pacifier.   Went in at 3/5/10/10... on the third 10 minute stretch she was sleeping.  She woke up at 4:30am, went in at 3/5 and on the first 10 she fell asleep.  She woke up at 6am and was asleep within minutes.  Up at 6:45am for the day. 

Tonight, night 2.   Put her down at 8:45.  Went in at 5min and she fell asleep on the first 10.  I think she was exhausted.   Tried it for 2 naps today and it just didn't work.  She was soooo puffy eyed and exhausted that I layed down with her in my bed and she fell asleep for a 2 hr nap from 1:30 to 3:30.  

It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  I'll keep you posted.

• Options

I don't know if anyone is still following this, but I wish I had some this info before I started Ferber, so I'm updating this in case it's of use to someone:)

Night 2 (see above) - slept thru the night up at 7:45 for the day

Night 3 (wait intervals are: 10/12/15):   bedtime at 9:30pm.  Checked on her on the first 10, within the next 12 she was fast asleep.  She woke up at 4:40 and 5 am - both times she was back to sleep within the first 10 minutes - probably about 5 mins actually,  but I've been tracking my notes with the Ferber intervals.  Up at 7:30 for the day

Night 4 (wait intervals are: 12/15/17):  Put her to bed at 8:15pm.  She cried less than a minute and was fast asleep in 2.5 minutes.  Crazy. 

Naps are ridiculously brutal.   The first day of naps: first nap- cried the entire 30 mins; 2nd time I couldn't do it to her.  Laid next to her and she fell asleep - no rocking, no pacifier - so that's a win.   Second Day of naps: first nap in the car; 2nd nap waitied 5/10 and couldn't follow through.  Laid next to her in my bed, still no paci or rocking.   3rd day: 1st nap she fell asleep with the bottle. 2nd nap laid down with her.   For the nights Ferber has been spectacular for us.  However, naps stink big time.   But really, I never thought I'd put her down awake and have her fall asleep on her own without a pacifier.   So Ferber is an overall win for us thus far.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"