3rd Trimester

what do YOUR contractions feel like?

I've heard contractions explained a variety of ways... from your back to the front; waves down your abdomen; "like really bad sh!t pains"...

DH and I were talking the other day and I described them as really bad menstrual cramps on steroids. lol... he didn't get the concept (having never had a period, obviously) so I said it was like a bad muscle cramp all the way down the whole length of your abs, mixed with low back pain.

Just curious... how do you describe yours?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what do YOUR contractions feel like?

• Mine's all in my d@mn cervix, like lightning crotch on steroids, mixed with some back pain.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Mine never felt like more than menstrual cramps until I was in transition.  When I was transition they began to hurt really bad but I can't even remember or describe the exact way they felt.  It just hurt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • my whole tummy gets really tight to the point where I can't breathe very well and certainly can't move...more just pressure....
  • Mine were very low and felt like a constant menstrual cramp at first and then became time able. 

• imageAshfieldMay:
    Mine's all in my d@mn cervix, like lightning crotch on steroids, mixed with some back pain.

I've had those ones, too!! they aren't fun AT ALL! I feel for ya...

• imageHUrquiza:

imageAshfieldMay:
    Mine's all in my d@mn cervix, like lightning crotch on steroids, mixed with some back pain.

I've had those ones, too!! they aren't fun AT ALL! I feel for ya...

same here Confused

• I've only had a few random contractions, but they felt like really bad menstrual cramps that radiated into my hips.
  • imageljones1025:
    my whole tummy gets really tight to the point where I can't breathe very well and certainly can't move...more just pressure....

This exactly - no pain, just so hard that I can't move or bend.  My uterus goes so far into my rib cage that it is even hard to breathe in b/c its so rock hard that my lungs lose against the pressure.

Though that's just a B/H contraction - I'm told real contractions feel totally different.

• With DS mine felt like severe menstrual cramps. I didn't have any back labor.
  • Like my whole stomach/lower back is having a massive charlie horse. That's how I explained it to DH...since he can wake out of a dead sleep with bad calf charlie horses, he got the picture real quick :P
  • I asked this q a few weeks ago b/c Ive never had menstrual cramps. Last Sun, I got my first taste...a few of them were the lightening crotch feeling and the others? UGH - like the worst constipation you have EVER had in your life and needing to take a DUMP but you cannot. That's how a lot of bumpie women explained it to me - I didn't believe them, NOW I DO!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"