Parenting after 35
Options

This is a first - not interested in eating....normal?

So Brenna took a very long morning nap - 3 hours!   I gave her her normal 6 oz bottle, which she sucked down but then she wouldn't eat anything else I made for her....a piece of bread with a little cream cheese and jelly, a turkey hotdog and finally, a last ditch attempt of jarred chicken with mixed veggies...she didn't eat more than 3-4 bites....and would only take a few spoons of her applesauce.   She is usually like a hoover, and sucks up whatever I put before her...her mood is fine, she is playful and happy...no fever...is this normal?  Should I give her more formula on days like this or a heavier snack before bedtime?  

Happy New Year everyone! 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: This is a first - not interested in eating....normal?

• Options

Is she getting teeth at the back? Fiona was like this when she started getting more teeth on the sides. I would usually give her more formula or yogurt, her favorite, because it seemed as though she only wanted liquids. Or you could always give Brenna cereal before bedtime, if you don't think she's full enough.

• Options

I dont know if she is or is not...I did feel back there (she actually let me!) and I couldn't feel anything but i can't see enough to tell if they're swollen or anything.

The weird thing is that right after I wrote this, I gave her a 6 oz bottle and she drank 2 ounces and was done!!  :(  That NEVER happens.  She did eat a little biter biscuit, but refused the peaches I put on her tray...and then the bottle.  

I am very freaked out by this...at least with a fever, you know "Ok she's sick"...

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Liz - as frustrating as it is, I probably wouldn't worry about this.  Our pedi and everything I've read says our girls are very good at regulating what they need and how much and won't starve themselves.  As long as it it doesn't last days and evens out for the week, I'd let it go.  I will admit to trying to add favorites to the next meal, but other than that I don't change snacks etc. and so far so good.

Happy new year!  We need to plan our next wine night! 

• Options
    Totally normal!  Margaux will eat like a linebacker some days, and like a dieting supermodel others.  Teeth seem to be a factor.  
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"