June 2011 Moms

violent dreams?

I've been having very vivid, violent dreams since I found out I was pregnant...is anyone else? Mine are mostly about running away from people trying to kill me, sometimes I end up getting shot or seeing other people get shot in the dreams. Last night the government decided to starting killing huge groups of people because of over population, and of course I was one of the people they decided to kill.

Aside from the fact that I'm even having these dreams in the first place, the weird thing is that I don't wake up anxious or upset the way normal nightmares would make me feel. I just feel surprised that I keep having such effed up, violent dreams. 

Anyone know why this would be happening? DH's theory is that I'm preparing to protect the baby by any means necessary. 

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: violent dreams?

• I haven't necessarily had violent dreams but I have had 2 dreams where I lost the baby which totally sucks.  One was a few weeks ago, so I have been back to the doctor and heard the hb again but the other one was last night.  I go in for my 18 wk us on January 13 and am looking forward to making sure everything is still good in there!  I can't help but wonder what they might mean :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes! I had a horrible dream that my ex boyfriend was trying to kill me. He was going through our house trying to shoot me, but shot my husband instead. It was terrible! I don't think it means anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yes, a hitman told my DH he had to kill Person X or my DH would be killed ..... it was so real and I could not wake up soon enough!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes, i have been having very violent dreams too.  last week one of the most traumatic involved me being a concentration camp inmate.  just weird.  i don't remember having these sorts of dreams with my first pregnancy.
  • I've posted a time or two about the few I've had.  One involved trying to escape from the monster from Cloverfield and the other involved a serial killer in my parents house (the one that had me screaming in my sleep to where DH had to wake me up).
  • I've had crazy nightmares, but I had these before pregnancy also.  My latest ones include being stabbed in the heart with a giant needle and having my hands bitten by wolves.  The bad thing is that they seem so realistic at the time.

• Yeup. And they're so vivid too. I hate it. But like you said, I don't wake up feeling too weird or anxious about it. Just annoyed that I can't dream something peaceful. I have found that if I take a nap I usually have good dreams though. So weird. I had a Columbine type dream one night and a dream that I was in the Holocaust but in present day recently. Lovely eh? 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"