Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Q for those who chart and use OPK

Have you ever gotten a positive OPK immediately following O?  FF is telling me I O'd three days ago and I have gotten two positive OPKs in the days immediately following.  I again took a OPK today and it was negative, but close to being positive.  Is this an indication that I didn't actually O?  I have a feeling the only answer is to wait and see what my temps do in the following days but I am curious to hear if anyone else had a similar experience.  I have tried to Google but couldn't find any answers.  I have also searched the Chart Gallery in FF but I didn't find many charts that were similar to mine.  TIA! 
Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism

Re: Q for those who chart and use OPK

• Options
    Since i've been charting my CV mucus I've been a lot more confident with the OPK than my temps.
    M/C #1: Nov 2003, Dx: MTHFR + Factor V, Baby #1: Born Nov 2004, M/C #2: Nov 2006, TTC for baby #2: Since July 2010, IUI #1 w/acupuncture + HCG trigger, no clomid,: Aug 2011
  • Options
    I'd go with temps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    From your temps, it does look like you O'd.  Are you using your FMU to test?  I found I kept getting + OPK after O with my FMU but not my afternoon urine.  They say it is best to test later in the day.  Your body will still have the LH in your system and your FMU is more concentrated. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thanks everyone!

imagelynn0926:
    From your temps, it does look like you O'd.  Are you using your FMU to test?  I found I kept getting + OPK after O with my FMU but not my afternoon urine.  They say it is best to test later in the day.  Your body will still have the LH in your system and your FMU is more concentrated. 

The past two days I did use FMU.  I knew I shouldn't have.  But the OPKs were there and it just seemed so tempting :P  

Thanks for sharing your experience.  It makes me feel a little better now about the + OPKs.   

Baby Macy is here!

12/09 - Macy (daughter) | 4/10 - Began TTC Baby #2 | 12/10 - Chemical Pregnancy | 1/12 - Miscarriage at 14 weeks | DX - PCOS & Hyperthyroidism
  • Options
    FF says I O'd on the 24th, the same day I got my only + OPK ( I think, this is the first cycle I've used them).  According to my temps, I think the date is correct as well.  I think I'd trust the temps over the OPK, especially if you've been consistent about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"