January 2011 Moms
Options

While we are discussing birth announcements...

I always thought it was someone's intention when they sent a birth announcement to send them a gift! But now that I am almost in the shoes where it could be time to send them, I'm thinking it's more of a bragging "look at my beautiful miracle" announcement rather than looking for a gift. I don't know if that's because I'm now on the other side of things...

But what is your thought? Is it looking for a gift or looking to brag? 

Re: While we are discussing birth announcements...

• Options
    Yeah, I just thought they were more information/bragging than anything else.  I've never felt compelled to send a gift upon recieving one.
  • Options
    I have always thought of baby shower invites as "send me a gift", and birth announcements as "look at my beautiful baby!"
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    definitely not looking for a gift, but just sending out a sweet photo to all the family and friends that may not be able to see baby in person.

all my friends have DS's birth announcement on their fridges 2 years later...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
    expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd
  • Options
    I've never associated an announcement with a gift.  I've always seen them as a way to announce a new life and brag about his/her cuteness.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This could be an older tradition as my mom sends a gift with every birth announcement so I've typically thought that myself.   However, I see it more now as a "look at my baby" thing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket
  • Options
    Bragging for sure. Shower invites are for gifts, but everyone just wants to see your bundle of joy so pictures on an announcement are just that- cute pictures.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"