March 2011 Moms
Options

random ? about TTC #2 after difficulty TTC #1

I've found myself in a worrywart mode lately and can't seem to break free! I worry about everything from LO's arrival to planning baby #2. My DH asked me the other day how much time we wanted to put between our kids and I think that got me started on this kick. It took us 2 years to get pregnant with our little man and I'm hoping that future pregnancies won't take as long. We tried for a year on our own and then did a year with drugs, etc. I cannot remember how many cycles we did with clomid, Follistim, and IUIs but it was enough to not make me want to do it again! I seriously think I had about 5 IUIs and none took. The last resort for us before doing IVF was my laparascopic (sp?) surgery. The dr. found and removed endometriosis in March and we got pregnant in June without medical assistance.

For those of you who have had difficulty conceiving and have more than one child, did you find it easier to conceive #2? I'm wondering if it will be easier the second time around since I've had the surgery and it proved to be successful for us? I know the endometriosis can always come back, and I am willing to have the surgery again since it wasn't very invasive. Trust me, I am over the moon that we are expecting and I know I shouldn't be worrying about conceiving the next one just yet (especially since #1 isn't here), but my mind has been reverting back to this topic and I think hearing from others who have been there might help! Plus, if it's going to take me awhile again I need to figure out what to do about BC after this pregnancy. TIA!

Re: random ? about TTC #2 after difficulty TTC #1

• Options
    I have been worring about that to since it took us about two years to concieve as well. DH and I have decided if we dont get pregnant naturally within two years of LO#1 then we will start the Clomid, IUI process again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DH and I have discussed this many times as well as we would definitely like more than one child if possible. I have PCOS and before getting pg (with injectibles and IUI) I had not ovulated on my own in over 2 years.

DH and I have decided that if my cycles don't return then we will decide when the time is right if fertility treatments to pursue another child is right for our family at that time. If it is, we're willing to do 3 more medicated IUI cycles to get pg. If we don't get pg, then maybe we were only meant to have one.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have PCOS and needed Clomid to concieve #1.

My cycles never really returned to normal and we wern't really "trying" (but not "not" trying) and I got pregnant on my own with number 2.

We did want them close in age, and given the 1.5+ years it took us to TTC #1, we kinda started not preventing pretty much right away!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have IR and PCOS which causes me to not have periods. Ever. It took a year to TTC DS and so we started TTC #2 earlier than we would have under normal circumstances. It only took 6 months with #2.

I suppose since I already knew what was wrong with me and didn't have to go through all the testing/waiting and went straight to the medication it didn't take as long. 

Good luck! 

• Options

We had TTTC DD.  It took several years and I had several miscarriages during that time.  I was in the "unexplained" category.  

I was actually on the fence about having another baby and leaning towards getting my tubes tied.  I'll be 40 this coming August, DH left for Afghanistan last summer and I didn't know if I could handle another pregnancy loss.  But I knew DH really wanted another and I didn't want to have any regrets.  We started talking about it two months before DH left.  Honestly, I figured what the heck - the chances of me going off the pill and conceiving within two cycles were slim to none, but at least I could say we tried.  Imagine my shock when we conceived on the first cycle and it stuck!  Heck, I'm still in shock.

Good luck! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I've kind of wondered the same thing. It took us 16 months of TTC (which I know isn't nearly as long as others, but still long enough for me!). We had all of the testing done and it all came back normal. 

We have an idea of how far apart we'd like to have kids ideally, so it's hard to know if it'll take as long again and when we'd want to start trying for #2.

• Options

For DS it took us a year to TTC and we had a miscarriage in there.  With this LO I was shocked that it only really took 3 months and I wasn't even having a regular period yet due to BF.  I was really truly surprised and didn't believe the BFP for quite a while. 

About BC we did the mini-pill while I was BF for the first year.  I kept taking it for another 2 months or so since we were going on a cruise and then TTC after that.  If I had gotten pregnant it would have been okay, but we wanted to wait until after our big cruise.  I was lucky in the fact that I didn't have my period the whole time I was BF, but then it took a while to regulate after we stopped and were TTC.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Two of my IRL friends took over 2 years to get pregnant with their #1s, but then both of their #2s happened without trying within 2 years.

So, it was easier for both of them the 2nd time around.

But, I've also heard of people having it super easy the 1st time, then having trouble the second time.

• Options

I have been wondering this too for awhile now. I have bad endo too and was able to get preg. w/out drugs after having the surgery. I've been considering having a total hysterectomy after we are done having all our kids, if the endo is as bad after LO #1 as it was before getting preg.

Although, right now I don't even know if I will ever want to be preg. again after all this. It's been the worst period of my whole life and I've been in tremendous pain the whole time. 

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"