Multiples
Options

I survived the IL's

Oh good gravy! The IL's called to say they were coming for a couple of days and asked to watch the boys while we were at work.  I called my very wise mom and told her I didn't want MIL watching them.  She explained that I was being a jerk and that although it's not ideal they would be safe and I could get them back on schedule within a couple of days...

WELL... I got home from work and there was Oliver chewing on a plastic bag! A PLASTIC BAG?!?!? I freaked and grabbed it from him, and they said "Oh, he loves it, he's been playing with it for an hour."So much for them keeping him safe!

I went ballistic and  said I was glad he didn't die!!!! They went on to make jokes about it the entire night- then DH got home and let them have it.  I have never been so pissed in my life- they will never be alone with my babies again!

ARGH!

Re: I survived the IL's

• Options
    Ha! It's only funny because Oliver isn't dead.  Of course he liked playing with it, it makes a great crinkly sound... and that's why all bags come with the warning "This is NOT A TOY" printed on it.  Oy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBeccaLandes:
    Ha! It's only funny because Oliver isn't dead.  Of course he liked playing with it, it makes a great crinkly sound... and that's why all bags come with the warning "This is NOT A TOY" printed on it.  Oy!

Wait, plastic bags aren't toys?  But the boys love them!

Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to let a child play with a plastic bag?  Another vote here for never letting your ILs watch them ever again.

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WOW....that's all I gotta say..Im speechless on that one!  Surprise
  • Options
    It sounds like your DH is on the same page as you, which is great.  How does he feel about it?
  • Options

How did your husband make it out alive?

While I was changing DS2 this morning, he decided to grab the almost empty bag of diapers and start to eat it.  I was all, "oh, excellent grabbing skills, hon!  Is that yummy? Oh wait... you probably shouldn't be eating a plastic bag.  Give that to mommy."

In my defense, I'm still new at this. Big Smile

• Options
    holy sh!t...and when she watches them when they are 5, theyll be playing with fire.
  • Options
    imageHaven1:

How did your husband make it out alive?

While I was changing DS2 this morning, he decided to grab the almost empty bag of diapers and start to eat it.  I was all, "oh, excellent grabbing skills, hon!  Is that yummy? Oh wait... you probably shouldn't be eating a plastic bag.  Give that to mommy."

In my defense, I'm still new at this. Big Smile

They have FOUR kids! All of which survived! It's insane- I have no idea how they made it!

• Options
    I can't believe they did that and THEN made jokes about it. I would have gone apesh!t over the comments, I know it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"