Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Do you have a designated keepsake box for LO?

As DD is getting older, I've been thinking about some of the things I want to keep for her (mainly so I can get rid of the rest!). If you have a special keepsake box, what do you put in it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you have a designated keepsake box for LO?

• Options
    I use this type of box for both girls, with patterns that match their rooms. They also each have a fabric-covered box (one from Michael's, one from Home Goods). In them I store cards they receive, special NB hats or shoes they wore, their u/s pics from when I was pg, some hospital/birth stuff like their foot prints and ID bracelets... Just misc. stuff I wouldn't throw out, and I think they'd like to see someday.image
  • Options
    Our church gave her a really nice wooden box when she was baptized. So far I have used it for things like the baptism candle, the small gifts (necklaces) and cards she has received, growth charts from the doctor, the hat the hospital provided after she was born, her baby book, and her foot prints we do every year.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we have the same sort of style of fabric covered box to match their rooms. They stay on the top shelves of the closet but when DS was younger his was on his bookcase.

I have things like ultrasound pix, the newspaper from the day he was born, other hospitalization items (ID bracelets, footprints) and things like notes from his wellness checks that state his height and weight. Birthday and holiday cards as well as photos bundled together from special trips, birthday invites and photo montage dvds.

I have a separate bin that is larger for any of his "artwork" that we make at home or he brings home from daycare.
    One day when we clear out toys etc, I'll keep a large bin of special toys and clothes that I want to keep, but that will probably not be for a few years since LO2 will be using lots of these items.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    violet (01.06.2011) & colt (09.27.08)
    expecting surprise baby no.3 may 3rd
  • Options
    Yes, I just have a small Rubbermaid type box that I keep in her closet.  When she brings home special projects, or I come across something else special that I want to keep, it just goes right into the box. 
  • Options
    I have a under the bed storage rubbermaid i throw everything in.
  • Options

We have photo storage boxes that include 'stuff" from each year.  The 2008 box has ultrasound pics, hospital bracelet, his hat from the hospital, plus our travel journal from a trip we took earlier in the year, his growth reports from the pediatrician, a few extra copies of our Xmas card, his pic with santa, stuff like that.

2009 has DS1's 1st birthday invitations, thank you notes, cards he got, DS2's hospital bracelet, growth charts for both of them, extra copies of our Xmas card, etc.

I just got larger rubbermaid-type containers to put their artwork in. Again, for now, I'm just labeling it "2011" and not worrying too much about segregating his and his.  They can deal with that when I'm dead. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"