Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If your LO STTN

How much are they eating? DD is 2 months old on Monday- the last 4 nights she has sttn. When she does this she will have 4-5 bottles a day so she is eating between 20-25oz. I'm worried this isn't enough...? She is a big baby- 9lbs 3oz at birth. We were at the doc Xmas eve and again yesterday and she did gain 1/2 lb in that time frame (which included 3 nights sttn). She is 12lbs 9oz now. She seems content after a 5oz bottle and goes 3.5-4 hours on her own. Should I increase her feedings during the day? I should add that she gets 1tbsp of rice cereal in every bottle.

Re: If your LO STTN

• Options

i breast feed, so i'm not exactly sure how much he gets. but if i pump after he eats i get usually 5 oz from one boob and an oz from the boob he ate off of. so i'm guessing he gets around 4 oz?? he usually eats every 2-3 hours. and when we go out i make a 4 oz bottle and that holds him over for 2 hours usually. he used to get a 4-5 oz bottle before bed, but now he's been taking 3 oz and passing out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagepiglet6609:
    How much are they eating? DD is 2 months old on Monday- the last 4 nights she has sttn. When she does this she will have 4-5 bottles a day so she is eating between 20-25oz. I'm worried this isn't enough...? She is a big baby- 9lbs 3oz at birth. We were at the doc Xmas eve and again yesterday and she did gain 1/2 lb in that time frame (which included 3 nights sttn). She is 12lbs 9oz now. She seems content after a 5oz bottle and goes 3.5-4 hours on her own. Should I increase her feedings during the day? I should add that she gets 1tbsp of rice cereal in every bottle.

I could have typed this! My DD was p lbs 5 oz at birth and takes 5 oz every 3.5 to 4 hours. ..no rice cereal. We won't go back to the Dr. until January 11th  but she is a little over 12 lbs (I use our digital scale).  I don't worry about it. She is gaining weight and doesn't act hungry. She will let you know if she needs to eat more.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"