June 2011 Moms

NYE Plans?

What are you ladies up to?  It will be a different year for some of us with no drinking so what are your plans?

Re: NYE Plans?

• DH and I are headed to a friend's house for dinner.  It will be just the 4 of us and their 2 little boys.  Very low key and relaxing.  We will have dinner and probably just play games.

• We have a wedding to go to.  Should be nice!  As long as I can stay awake.  I practiced last night by (barely) staying up till 11.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I are going to dinner and that's about it. We got invited to a few parties but I don't feel like watching people drink and DH doesn't want to go without me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not a darn thing.  We actually were going to do something this year - go to Chicago with my best friend and her husband...but now, no.  Don't need the expense right now.
  • Going to a friend's house for a very laid-back low-key night with a few couples.  At the rate I'm going, I'm not sure if I'll even make it until midnight!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Heading up to the cottage with DH for a few days! Lake is frozen over and snow is pretty high...can't wait to cozy up by the fireplace all weekend :-)
  • We are going to go to IKEA when I get out of work. Stop and get some snacks, stop for Chinese food and then go home and cuddle up and watch Twilight Zone until we pass out.

So looking forward to it!

• We were invited to a few parties, but DH and I don't feel comfortable being around extremely intoxicated people. We've decided to invite my parents, my sister ,and her bf over for game night. Should be a relaxing, low-key time! I probably won't make it to midnight!
  • DH has to work tonight (he's a cop) so I'm just hanging out at home. We might go to brunch tomorrow and my family is coming over for a New Year's lunch on Sunday.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • We host a party for our college friends every year.  I look forward to it all year because it is the only time I get to see most of them.  There will be drinking, but none of us are crazy partiers, and I know it will be tons of fun.  There are several other non-drinkers in the group, so I am going to make us some yummy non-alcoholic punch.  Everyone spends the night and on New Year's Day we stay in our PJs all day and watch movies and play games.  Can't wait!!
  • We are going to the Flaming Lips NYE Freakout in OKC with a couple of our friends!  I've never done anything for NYE and DH has always wanted to go so we made plans.  :)
  • This year will be nothing new for us.  My husband and I never drank before I got pregnant, so it's no surprise to everyone that we are not drinking this year.  Every year we go over to my parent's house where they invite about 10-15 people.  We play cards, watch New Years Rockin Eve, and go to bed at around 2:00 (maybe a lot earlier for me).  We have not missed a year :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    September Siggy Challenge- You had one job

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejcsumm0:
    We host a party for our college friends every year.  I look forward to it all year because it is the only time I get to see most of them.  There will be drinking, but none of us are crazy partiers, and I know it will be tons of fun.  There are several other non-drinkers in the group, so I am going to make us some yummy non-alcoholic punch.  Everyone spends the night and on New Year's Day we stay in our PJs all day and watch movies and play games.  Can't wait!!

We have the same plans!  Our college friends are coming over to hang out.  Some will bring kids, some will drink a bit I'm sure, but it will be low key.  Everyone is spending the night and we will make a big breakfast tomorrow and watch hockey and football all day tomorrow.  I can't wait!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I thought we were the only ones having a low-key night! I feel much better about my 'boring' plans now :)  We are having another couple over...just a laid-back evening. Hopefully I can stay up!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is a chef at a fine dining restaurant and will be working. My parents and I are going there for a nice dinner. Pretty low key, but hey it's something Wink

Up until yesterday I was just going to stay home..

• We're not doing anything special. Usually we go out to dinner then have friends over, usually involves drinking, or we'd go out to someone's house. Tonight we're ordering pizza or chinese food and a couple friends are coming over for fireworks later on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having my side of the family over to finish opening presents-- my sister and her family were out of town on Christmas Day. 

Everyone is bringing food and we're just going to eat and play games.

I have to work at 5am tomorrow, so I'll be in bed by 10pm. 

Charlotte March 2009 Gwyneth June 2011 Team Green March 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"