Los Angeles Babies
Options

Delivery at Cedar Sinai Hospital

I'm delivering at cedars in a couple of weeks and wanted to know delivery experiences of moms out there.  How was the staff?  Do they have wifi in the delivery rooms?  Any information/feedback/tips would be appreciated.  Thanks :D

Re: Delivery at Cedar Sinai Hospital

• Options

Haven't delivered yet but am delivering there and work there and have heard nothing but great things.  We did the hospital tour which really helps you to know where to go and what to do when the time comes.  The rooms are really nice as well and they have a lot of little "perks" that I think will make it great (flat screen in your room, private rooms for everyone, upgradable private room to a suite with specialized meals, nurse that stays with you for your delivery, skin-to-skin contact, they arrange parking for you and have a service where you can pull up to the ER and leave your car at a particular place without having to worry about your partner leaving you to park, etc)

I think that you should at least do a hospital tour; they'll help you with regards to which entrance to go in and where to park (there are about 10-20 entrances and at least 6-8 lots so knowing where to go would be really nice) 

• Options
    I had my son there in 2007.  There was wifi.  The staff was fantastic.  I had a long induction (28 hours) and spent most of it in a room the size of a closet.  They wouldn't move me to the birthing room until I was dilated to a 4.  Once i did get into that room i got to give birth overlooking the Hollywood Hills and the Hollywood sign as the sun rose.  That was really pretty and peaceful.  I appreciated being in a hospital with a good nicu (just in case).  They do have a high c-section rate, I have heard.  Take the tour.  It's helpful.  I did also take a breast feeding class there that was useful but not great.  Oh and the day after I had my son, I asked for the lactation consultant.  I recommend doing that if you are nursing, even if BFing is going well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I delivered my baby there last June. I had a great experience my entire stay. All the nurses and staff were really friendly and helpful. They wanted me to be as comfortable as possible while I was recovering.

Yes, there was wifi in my room.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"