Infertility
Options

IVF coordinator vent

uuuuugh i just need to get it out somewhere!

my IVF coordinator is, to put it kindly, disorganized. she is a young girl who i think is nervous to deal with people. but the thing is, her JOB is to deal with people.

perfect example: i've been the one proactively reaching out to her asking for the schedule for my upcoming cycle, even though she has known for a couple of months when i will be starting. i've kept her in the loop on my CD1s for the past several months, and she knows when i last came in for CD3. with that, you would have thought that she would have gotten the ball rolling with ordering my meds, right? especially with the holidays and having days off. well you would be wrong!

i'm supposed to start lupron on monday (this is news to me as of today. i thought i would start sometime next week, but didn't know it would be monday). the only reason i found this out is because i emailed her to tell her that i needed PIO in olive oil this time, and that the order could be reduced because i have a couple of meds leftover from my last cycle.

she hasn't even ordered my meds yet! she clearly hadn't even thought about it, i could tell. UGH. she's not even in the office tomorrow to place the order! it's a good thing one of my leftover meds is lupron and i can start on time on monday. but goodness gracious, she is working my nerves!

vent over, thanks for listening :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IVF coordinator vent

• Options
    WOW, that is super annoying. I would be pissed. It's her job to stay organized. I am glad you have some lupron so you can start your cycle.
    PAIF and SAIF Always Welcome!
    TTC since 2007
    6 IUIs, 3 IVFs, and 2 m/c :< PCOS, Blood Clotting Disorder & MFI
    IVF #2 Aug 2011 is a BFN:<
    IVF #3 March 2012 is a BFN
    Not sure what to do now. Sad and lost.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I would need to vent that, too!  Is there someone else that could coordinate your cycle?  I mean, you are paying a TON of money!  You deserve someone that is on top of things!!  Good luck this cycle! 
    Stopped BCPs December 2008 TTC since June 2009 6 unsuccessful Clomid cycles Dx Annovulatory due to PCOS January 2010 DH-perfect 4 unsuccessful IUIs Began Lupron July 7 for first IVF IVF cancelled; overstimulation and coasting lead to huge drop in E2 New testing with an Endocrinologist...perhaps a new diagnosis... So, not PCOS but Hashimoto's Thyroiditis November 2010 After a looong break, started seeing a new RE. Gearing up for IVF 1.2. Beta 1=197!! BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Whoa...that is utterly ridiculous. I would be so, so upset.

I'd definitely mention it to your RE or the office manager. 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    ugh, that is super annoying and very frustrating! 
  • Options
    Ugh. She needs to get her shlt together!!
  • Options

Ugh - how frustrating!!! Is there someone you can talk to in the office there & voice your concerns? Maybe an office manager or your RE? Can't believe she is being so non-chalant for something that is so time-sensitive as starting your meds?!? Hopefully she gets everything ordered in time for you so you can stay on schedule! I am SO excited for you to get going with the next cycle :) Will be keeping fingers & toes crossed for you... 

• Options

We had a few issues with mine as well. She also forgot to order my meds (but wasn't cutting it as close as you, I'm so sorry) Also when I called to talk to her to ask questions and things she was so rude when she called me back. I left 2 messages and waited 5 days for a return phone call. Finally I called back and left a message with the receptionist and asked her to hand deliver it to her instead of another VM.) When she calle dme back, this was her opening sentence:

Me- Hello?, Her- Yes this is so and so from such and such office returning your call, exactly what is it that you NEED to talk to me about. I'm trying to get out of the office and don't have time for this. Me- well I'm so sorry but I have a few questions. Her- I don't have your chart with me right now. I'll call you back tomorrow to talk.

3 days later no call back. I finally got in contact with my doctor, made him aware of her rudeness and my unhappiness and she is no longer my coordinator!!!!!!!!

If she continues to drop the ball, request someone else. It's your money your life, you deserve better! GOOD LUCK. and I'm so sorry you had to deal with that! GL Monday :)

Married '02, TTC May '05

Dx -Ute cancer, DOR from cancer treatments, and embryo quality issues. NOV 2010 CANCER FREE
    2005-2011= 3 Rounds of Clomid, 5 IUI's, 3 IVF's- ALL BFN's
    After 7yrs TTC, 5yrs of ute cancer, and 11 failed IF treatments, we got a surprise BFP! So thankful!

Gemma Grace born 09/30/12

Phillipians 4:6,7

• Options
    imagejamielynnohio:

We had a few issues with mine as well. She also forgot to order my meds (but wasn't cutting it as close as you, I'm so sorry) Also when I called to talk to her to ask questions and things she was so rude when she called me back. I left 2 messages and waited 5 days for a return phone call. Finally I called back and left a message with the receptionist and asked her to hand deliver it to her instead of another VM.) When she calle dme back, this was her opening sentence:

Me- Hello?, Her- Yes this is so and so from such and such office returning your call, exactly what is it that you NEED to talk to me about. I'm trying to get out of the office and don't have time for this. Me- well I'm so sorry but I have a few questions. Her- I don't have your chart with me right now. I'll call you back tomorrow to talk.

3 days later no call back. I finally got in contact with my doctor, made him aware of her rudeness and my unhappiness and she is no longer my coordinator!!!!!!!!

If she continues to drop the ball, request someone else. It's your money your life, you deserve better! GOOD LUCK. and I'm so sorry you had to deal with that! GL Monday :)

OMG that is crazy! i would have done exactly what you did! f-that! she is actually a very sweet girl once she calls you back/replies to your email. but in between she is just bad at communicating in general.

if it gets worse, i will definitely speak with an office manager.

• Options
    I would complain to your RE and stress that her negligence is jeopardizing your cycle. Complete nonsense and who needs the extra stress when cycling. It's not your responsibility to do her job for her and to continuously prompt her for action.
    +++
  • Options

Hi Nicole!!!!!!!!

Since I know our clinic...i really think u need to go over her head.  Urs is just NOT together.

DO u have the email of ur nurse?  I have been going directly to mine, bc my coordinator gets confused about stuff.

GOOD LUCK!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"