Pregnant after a Loss

What's your nursery theme?

I'm finally getting to a place where I'm feeling more comfortable with planning the nursery. We are going to do a Dr. Seuss themed nursery, but not the cat in the hat stuff.  I don't care for that.  What are you doing? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What's your nursery theme?

• We're doing an owl theme. There are a lot of cute things on etsy.com and amazon. Ex: https://www.etsy.com/listing/61408561/new-design-owl-on-tree-090-vinyl-sticker We're not getting too themey though, just like an owl/tree decal on the wall, some stuffed animal/pillows, bookends, etc. Nothing too out there, everything else is going to be simplistic but still colorful (light green, blue, offwhite, yellow). It's a boy but we're still keeping it pretty neutral
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love that idea!!  We are actually going to do a Dr. Seuss quote on the wall... We have it narrowed down to "think and wonder, wonder and think" or ?The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.?

We got a fabric and color scheme that we really liked and are using that (https://www.babybedding.com/green-and-brown-damask-crib-bedding)... We are going to do blocks of random shapes and sizes on the walls, and fill in some of them and leave some blank (it sounds totally weird trying to describe it, but I think what I have in mind will be cute. :-)  Anyways, we were going to put the quote in one of the blocks, and I think that we are going to put it above the bookcase, as both the quotes are kind of related to learning/reading. 

Definitely PIP when you get it going... I'd love to see how it turns out! 

formerly *Abby*
    BFP 10/05/09 - natural m/c 10/22/09... BFP 07/18/2010 - My BFP Chart - Due March 29, 2011
    My Pregnancy Blog
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." - Taylor Swift, "Mine"
    Labor Buddy to leneae10 and kilissa
  • Loading the player...
  • We aren't doing a 'theme' but rather are just doing some animals - owls, foxes, etc.  Our bedding has some grass and rabbits on it.  There will only be a couple animals in the room. 

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • imagescvaldez:
    We're doing an owl theme. There are a lot of cute things on etsy.com and amazon. Ex: https://www.etsy.com/listing/61408561/new-design-owl-on-tree-090-vinyl-sticker We're not getting too themey though, just like an owl/tree decal on the wall, some stuffed animal/pillows, bookends, etc. Nothing too out there, everything else is going to be simplistic but still colorful (light green, blue, offwhite, yellow). It's a boy but we're still keeping it pretty neutral

I love that idea! Very unique! And the owl sticker from etsy is super cute!!!  

• image*Abby*:

I love that idea!!  We are actually going to do a Dr. Seuss quote on the wall... We have it narrowed down to "think and wonder, wonder and think" or ?The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.?

We got a fabric and color scheme that we really liked and are using that (https://www.babybedding.com/green-and-brown-damask-crib-bedding)... We are going to do blocks of random shapes and sizes on the walls, and fill in some of them and leave some blank (it sounds totally weird trying to describe it, but I think what I have in mind will be cute. :-)  Anyways, we were going to put the quote in one of the blocks, and I think that we are going to put it above the bookcase, as both the quotes are kind of related to learning/reading. 

Definitely PIP when you get it going... I'd love to see how it turns out! 

Very cool! I think that fabric is beautiful! It's so elegant and classy!!! I totally get your idea. I think it sounds really cute. I love the quote about reading...I want to use at least one quote on the walls. I'm not sure if I'm going to use that quote or I like "a person is a person no matter how small they are..."

• This is ours:

Ahoy Mate 6 Piece Crib Bedding Set - Crown Craft  - Babies"R"Us 

• Sort of bird themed- though that wasn't really the original plan.  Link: https://mrsemmalouise.blogspot.com/2010/12/our-nursery-is-complete-well-98.html

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• We have a Noah's Ark theme. This way we could incorporate different animals Plus connect this LO to our first angel that we named Noah
  • Here's a link to a post showing what we are going with.

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/46219296.aspx

BFP#1 1.28.10; HB 6w5d 2.18.10; No HB 3.8.10; Natural m/c 3.9.10 at 9w3d
    BFP#2 - 7.22.10 DD born 3.16.11
    BFP#3 - 8.11.11 DS born 3.27.12
  • We are doing Noah's Ark as well.  We had decided we wanted to do this theme long before I got pregnant the first time.  This is the nursery set we are probably going to get:

Humphrey - the TTCAL mascotimage
    "I'm not telling you it's gonna be easy. I'm telling you it's gonna be worth it." -Art Williams
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
  • We are doing a woodland animal theme: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/38985285.

Still waiting on it to arrive...I still need to paint, get new carpet, shop for furniture and get my arse in gear!

• Wow! You ladies have awesome taste! I love it all! 
  • That's a cute one! We're doing a jungle theme. DH is infatuated with giraffes. It's sooo cute to see him get so excited about them
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • For a boy: space/stars/rocketship theme

For a girl: was going to be ladybugs & sunflowers but there is NO good bedding, so i think we're going to go with bunnies! 

? Kristen & Austin ~ Married 07.04.09 ? Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My theme is....wait for it.....

"Easily Washable" aka (lots of white linens) Smile

Beyond that, I have no idea....

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"