Illinois Babies

:::Chicago Bump Check-in:::

Ack! I'm a day late! I had this all typed up and ready to go on Tuesday evening, but was traveling yesterday. When I saw how many new responses there were, I knew I wouldn't be able to get this done until today.

I'm doing this from a laptop at my friend's house in FL where we're celebrating the New Year, so if I've made mistakes, was too detailed, was not detailed enough, please let me know and I'll fix it!

If you want to be added to the check-in, let me know what brings you to the bump (Do you have a DC? DD or DS? Date of DC's birthday? Are you pregnant (how far along) or TTC?), whether you live in the city or burbs (give me a direction: N, NW, W, SW, S). Here we go!  Chicago MomsChiTown Bridget, DS born 11/6/10, N suburbschelle2506, DS born 10/10/10 (cool bday, btw), W suburbsSoon 2 B Mrs. Wells, 5 month old + 5 year old + 14 year old, WestsideMollymay39, DD and DS born 9/23/10 + DD born 7/20/08 (did I get that right?), suburbskme930, DS born 6/22/10, Lincoln ParkTMDMJAOCT07, DD born 2/5/10, NW suburbsJordanandnumber2, DD born 2/5/10 + DD born 2/12/01, N suburbsReniaB, DS born 1/10, NW suburbsCTJourney, DS born 10/23/09, SW suburbscalex33, DD born 7/16/09 (did I get that right?), N/NW suburbsDTNZ4Ever, DS born 3/24/09 (did I get that right?), NW suburbsScarlettBlue, 11.5 year old DS PregnantScarlettBlue, DD due 1/12/11, W suburbs (Riverside)MrsDrCook, LO due 2/14/11, Lakeviewcanrenell, DD due 4/1/11,  Westside 
BBColt78, LO due 4/5/11SouthSideDrea, LO due 4/8/11, Southside :)calex33, LO due 4/16/11 (did I get that right?), N/NW suburbschubchub, LO due 4/20/11, River Northmrambo3, DS due 4/24/11, SW suburbslady3057, DS due 6/19/11
celiabeth, LO due 6/19/11, South LoopLaSraOrtega, LO due 6/20/11, N suburbsNurse Lisa, LO due 6/24/11, NWsidePockety, LO due 6/27/11, Gold Coast TTCsmsakai, Northsidechigirl0330, Lincoln Park  QOTD: First and foremost, to the pregnant ladies, did I miss some kind of city-wide pregnancy pact in July?? Why is (almost) everyone due in April?? :) (OK, I wrote that question before the late adds, it seems we've balanced out a little, but the most of the initial responders to the check in were pregnant and due in April!)

And the real QOTD, what are your plans for the New Year? 

Re: :::Chicago Bump Check-in:::

• HI!

Checking in late :)

DD due 2/5/11, from the southside of chicago, Bridgeport

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Yes you have DS' bday correct. We are staying home this year. No big plans.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi 

I'd like to join you guys..

had DS on 7-20-10 6 weeks early due to pre-e...he is our first..might try again summer of 2011..

I live on the southside...Tinley Park

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'd like to join too!

I had DD on 7/23/2010 and she is our first. I live in the South Loop.

Happy new year!

• First, yes, you have DD's birthday and my EDD correct.

As for New Years, our big plans include staying in and going to sleep by 10:00!  I got to see the New Year kick off in Australia on TV this morning, so I'm content.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Everyone!

Lady3057, i'm doing good so far. our next checkup is Jan 5.

have a great new years everyone!

• My plans for the new year are working until 10 and getting home in time to snuggle and have a glass of wine with my other half. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, my info is correct!

As for NYE plans....I plan to enjoy dinner and go to bed! HA HA. My babies have started consistently sleeping 10-12 hours a night, so I an FINALLY get some sleep that is not broken. I can't wait.

Happy New Year! 

• Kme930, again thanks for doing this, especially while traveling.   My information is correct.

QOTD:  We're staying in, may get take-out and will have some champagne when DS goes to sleep (if we make it to midnight).  

Happy New Year Everyone!   A shout-out to to the NW burbs bumbies :-)  TMDMJAOCT07, calex33, DTNZ4Ever, 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Our plans sound like everyone else's - staying in and going to bed early!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There were a lot of us due in April! Crazy baby boom going on.

We're going to friends' house for dinner and drinks... should be sort of low key and fun. Happy New Year everyone!

• I know I'm checking in late.

My EDD is 9/2/11.  It's our first.  I live in Schaumburg.

QOTD: We are staying in tonight. Happy New Year!

Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • New to this and still trying to figure out all the acronyms ect. ?My EDD is 7/10/11. ?I live in Streamwood. ?

?

QOTD: ?We went to the in-laws and played cards but I was ready to head to bed by 11. ?Hope all had a good evening. ?Happy 2011.?

• Happy 2011 everyone!  Hope all of you had a wonderful last day of 2010 and happy new year. 

Our New Year plans were very low key, we had steak for dinner and drank champagne, visited my sister (she lives a block away), and put DS to bed at his normal 7:30 bedtime.  After that we watched a movie, and went to sleep shortly after midnight!   Quite different from the lives we used to lead on NYE, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  It was perfect! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  •  I'm late for QOTD but we spent our New Years Eve at home. We made some appetizers and watched a movie and I was asleep by 11:00. Couldn't even make it to midnight! :)
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've been away from my computer the past week thanks to holiday traveling but I'd like to join in on this. I live on the North side of the city in Evanston. My DS was born 11/11/2010 so he's just a little over 7 wks now. Life has been a bit hectic the past two months but I wouldn't have it any other way.

For NYE we all went to Brookfield Zoo for the holiday lights (we have a membership there) and then were home relaxing by 9pm.  I didn't go to sleep until 2am but that's because of a colicky baby not because I was doing anything fun. ;)

• HI all I'm sorry for the late check in. I live in Huntley. I'm due 3/24/2011 and this is my first! A precious little girl!!!
  • New Year's Day was very boring for us, as we were catching up on much needed rest!

This year, I hope for our life to level out and to make our new city home! I also hope to make big strides in growing our family! 

BFP #1- 01/16/11 Missed miscarriage 02/14 Cytotec followed by D&C 02/18 BFP #2- 07/14/11 Missed miscarriage 08/12/11 Awaiting my D&C and subsequent testing Anniversary
  • Hi! Thanks for putting this together!! My info is correct!

QOTD: (a little late) we didn't do anything, and it was perfect! DD went to bed at 730, dh and I bowled a few games on the wii and watched the ball drop in NYC, went to bed right after. If people wouldn't have been blowing off fireworks at midnight, I would have missed it  here, which would have been fine!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Hey I want in. I haven't been on the bump in a month or so. But I have 2 DS's 9/22/07 & 6/26/09. So yeah you can see why Im barely on here. Im in the western burbs near schaumburg.
  • Checking in a little late... QOTD: My parents watched DS overnight so went to dinner at Ditka's with a group of friends then headed to a friends house to ring in the new year. I'm fighting a cold so DH and I left shortly after midnight.
  • 1st time posting here (I think)!  You are right about all the April due dates...I'm going to add one more to the list too :)  We all must have been pretty busy in July ;)

Plans for the new year are to get our extra bedroom turned into a nursery!

Happy 2011 everyone!!!

mmks, LO due 4/21/11 Wrigleyville

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hey, everyone!

My info is correct! :-) Happy New Year to everyone as well.

Sorry for the late check in, we spent the evening with some friends and their families, so it was nice and relaxing. Then around 1:30 we came home and went straight to bed. haha.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest! image image
  • My DD was born on 07/06/08. We live in Logan Square.

• Sorry for the belated check-in! My EDD is 9/1, this will be our first and we live in Lincoln Park.

QOTD: We went to my best friends house for the evening for fondue. Kind of weird to be the only sober one, but it was fun laughing at the drunken idiots :)

image"">

• Pregnant with our first, due 7/8/11.  Far NW burbs.

We visited some friends in Michigan for the new year, it was a lot of fun!

• Hi! Please add me to the check in!

I am Lisa. I am 25 and married. We have a DS who just turned one on NYE! We live on the north west side.  Our plans for the New Year are to TTC #2!

MC 4/09 at 6w2d 
    Rainbow Jude 
    born: 12/31/09
    Pre-E Induction at 36w4d
    11 Day NICU stay due to GBS infection

TTC#2 10/2010
    M/C: 4/09/11 5w
    CP: 12/26/2011 
    CP: 1/28/2012 
    MMC: 4/16/2012 at 11w2d 
    Ectopic: 6/25/2012 MTX 07/03/12
    CP 11/24/2012 
    Rainbow Violet 
    born: 9/11/13

All ALers welcome! 
  • I'd love to be added!

I'm Melissa - 26 and married. I'm pregnant with our first, due May 11th.  For the New Year we stayed home and ordered Giordanos, I was proud of myself for making it to midnight, though the local Chicago New Years coverage was pretty pathetic if you ask me!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • HI! i'd love to be added, too.  We live in the SW burbs. We have 2 DS's, born 2/10/10 & 11/22/06.  #3 is on the way due 8/21/11.  Looking forward to joining the grp :)
  • Hi! I'm a little late, but I'd like to be added to the check-in.

My name is Kristen and I'm 24yrs old. DS is our first and he is 11wks as of Monday. I was a lurker for the majority of my pregnancy, but I'd like to be more active now. We live in Albany park and my plan for the year is to get in touch with my domestic side.

• Hello Ladies!

Can you please add me? I haven't been on the bump for a while.

EDD 7/7/11, NW suburbs 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"