August 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else crabby?

I know that it is normal to be emotional/moody when pregnant, but I am out right just a crabby b!tch almost all the time lately.

I am extremely happy to be pregnant, but I can't shake my negative nelly attitude. I think it has to do with being tired all the time, but I really hope that I snap out of it soon. There were so many thing that I was excited to start doing when I got pregnant (starting a journal/baby blog, organizing the future nursery, looking at baby names, etc.) and I don't feel like doing any of it now. I hope this isn't baby blues already.

We are having a few dinner guests for New Years tomorrow, and I have zero motivation to clean, plan a meal, and grocery shop either. Normally I am all about entertaining and go all out, but I really feel like just doing the bare minimum this time.

Could the old (motivated, chipper) me please return?! Hopefully in 2nd Tri....

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone else crabby?

• Options
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am in the same exact boat. I have people coming over tomorrow and I haven't done anything today :(
  • Options
    I find myself biting my tongue more then normal nowadays. I just try to work through it and not be nasty to anyone. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLindsRockies:

I have found myself being totally nasty to people I talk to over the phone at work and getting super irritated at my co-workers.

I am right there with you on the exhaustion thing.  I have zero motivation to take down our Christmas decorations, clean the house, etc.  I'm holding out hope that things will start looking up in the 2nd tri! 

This. I have relatives calling me asking me how I am feeling (the ones that we shared our news with) and I feel like I am not acting excited enough about being pregnant (which is far from the truth) because I am just crabby.

I think that I should be quarantined until 2nd Tri.

DS#1- Born August 2011 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Two hands raised.  I'm irritable, moody, bitchy, snippy, and completely low energy. I seriously don't even know how I'm making it through my long days.  On the way home today I hit a traffic jam, and seriously contemplated the thought of pulling over in a restaurant parking lot to take an hour nap in hopes of the traffic clearing up by the time I woke up.  I am beyond exhausted.  I'm praying 2nd trimester gets better, otherwise I'm going to have to make some major changes to my work schedule, and my boss will not be a happy camper.
  • Options
    Yup, company buyout was today and it was very hectic at work.  DH was off and I came home to him sitting on the couch, dishes everywhere, house a mess, trash piled up and no dinner out.  I had to run out and get dinner because we need to go grocery shopping badly.  I was so irritated I had to pray the whole way to the store because I couldn't believe he didn't bother to clean anything up or at least have dinner ready.  I'm glad I left cuz if I had stayed I think my head may have actually spun around.
    Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!
  • Options
    Ohhhhh, yes! My mom was staying with us for about 10 days over Christmas, and I think I bit her head off a couple times. One time, about an hour later, she actually said "I'm scared of you". *blink* And DH has been the target of a lot of my rage too. Sometimes those inside words just have to come out, though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SAIFW
  • Options

Add me to the crabby list :( 

I know I was not pleasant to be around today but, between all of the hormones, being tired from 1st tri and being tired from DS not sleeping though and teething, forget it!

the boymom is expecting a girl!
    big brothers 12.2009 and 02.2012
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh me me me. I'm just downright mean. Overreact about everything. Needs to stop!
  • Options
    It's a good thing I've been off all week for work because last week I was a lunatic. I was ready to rip the throats out of almost all my co-workers. I get annoyed so easily. I am also super emotional/sappy so one minute I'm crying over a song and the next I want to punch someone because they accidentally stepped on my toe.
  • Options
    imageamdraza:

We are having a few dinner guests for New Years tomorrow, and I have zero motivation to clean, plan a meal, and grocery shop either. Normally I am all about entertaining and go all out, but I really feel like just doing the bare minimum this time.

Zero motivation... that is totally me right now!!! I think a major part of it is the hormones and lack of energy (not to mention I can't shake this darn cold). My apartment is a complete mess right now! My husband works 2 jobs so I feel bad asking him to clean it up. Normally, I wouldn't let it get this bad but with the holidays over now, I just feel downright DRAINED. You are not alone.

Here's to more energy in the 2nd trimester! Yes

~Married to my best friend since 05/14/05~ ~Pregnant with my first~ BabyName Ticker

Photobucket

imageimage image

• Options
    Yes, that's me too! Not to mention that I have a horrible cold that won't go away. I'm irritable, I have zero motivation, and I have been an all-around pain in the a$$ according to DH. Stick out tongue He tells me when I'm driving him nuts, and then says sweetly, "It's ok baby, it's just the hormones. It's part of being pregnant." I think this pi$$es me off worse b/c it sounds condescending, even though it's not meant to be.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 11/23/10 MMC @ 7w3d Discovered @ 10w2d D&C 1/12/11

BFP 7/6/11 Our Lucky Charm born 3/5/12
  • Options
    Me! I have been snapping at everyone from my hubs to my BFF.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"