Houston Babies
Options

Moms of 2+

Did you know you wanted more than two when your second one came around?  Or did you know that two was enough for your family?

Eliza has, I can't even put into words how much she has added to our family and how much I just love her and love everything she's brought into our lives.  If it were up to me, I'd be trying to get pregnant again now.

Josh is afraid if I keep feeling this way, we'll end up with 19 kids, LOL.  If you had two, did you just know after the second one that you were done?  Or did you still feel open to more (even if you decided to stop after two.)

Re: Moms of 2+

• Options

I (obviously) don't have two yet, but I want three.  DH only wants two.  humph.  We'll see when the time comes who wins that one.

Anyway, I just wanted to say this was discussed recently on the working moms board and someone posted this.

I think her writing is hysterical and she's in no way swayed me from wanting three, so I thought I'd share. 

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:

Did you know you wanted more than two when your second one came around?  Or did you know that two was enough for your family?

Eliza has, I can't even put into words how much she has added to our family and how much I just love her and love everything she's brought into our lives.  If it were up to me, I'd be trying to get pregnant again now.

Josh is afraid if I keep feeling this way, we'll end up with 19 kids, LOL.  If you had two, did you just know after the second one that you were done?  Or did you still feel open to more (even if you decided to stop after two.)

I could have written this...right down to the 19 kids part.  DH is worried that I'll want a 4th if he agrees to a third.  He's happy with two, but isn't 100% sure that we're done.  Juliet is such a delightful and fun baby that she's made me want another more than I did before.  I think 3 will be the magical number, but I love being a mom and if DH said let's have a 4th I probably would. ;)   I keep asking friends who are done how they knew and they all tell me that they just know...I just know that I'm not done.  Maybe some day I'll get that "done" feeling, otherwise we might end up with 19. ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know I want another. I knew before #2 and having 2 made me all the more certain that my children will benefit from siblings. If we had the time, we would go for 4 but I am 38 now and we want to wait a little longer (sell this house) before we add to the family again. We will probably have our 3rd via adoption but I still don't want a newborn after I am 40. That's my cut off for newbies.
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with Gabriel it didn't feel like the last kiddo.  This time has felt like it would be it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I was *fairly* sure that we'd want more when I was pregnant with Micah.  As soon as I saw her I knew for certain.  Mark was sure when she turned 1. 

I would absolutely LOVE 4.  Mark is pretty sure he's done.  Though, he's said that with every one.  ;) 

I'm taking it as it comes.  Enjoying them at each stage and enjoying this prenancy as if it were my last.  Which, honestly, I've done with all of them.  I think it's a side-effect from infertility.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We knew without a doubt we were done.  DH had his vasectomy when C was 3 months old.  Zero regrets.  I love to go hold my friends' newborn babies but I love handing them back even more.  
  • Options

imagesavannah11:
    We knew without a doubt we were done.  DH had his vasectomy when C was 3 months old.  Zero regrets.  I love to go hold my friends' newborn babies but I love handing them back even more.  

This is how I feel now that our youngest is about to turn 3.  The first year after she was born, we had many discussions about having a 3rd child.  But my age was probably the deciding factor against it, so one year post-Elizabeth, DH had a vasectomy.

Now that I have two preschoolers I can't imagine going back to caring for an infant.  It's just not something I have the desire to do.  I don't know that I'm cut out to manage more than two children either, since I'm a bit obsessive and I have a low tolerance for chaos.  We are definitely two and through.

• Options

I have no idea if we'll have another. He has always wanted three, and I have always thought that three sounds like more chaos than I can handle. At this point, I have no clarity in the matter. I wish I knew whether to save everything or start giving it away as Ryan grows out of things. It was so easy to go for #2 because that was a no-brainer for us.

I know I could be happy with just my two boys, but that doesn't mean another kid wouldn't add to the joy. We shall see. I hope for clarity one way or the other someday. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I knew after we had Hannah that we were done.  It was a combination of things: firstly, Sam became a real challenge around the time Hannah was born.  It wasn't just the terrible 2's, although that was part of it.  He's just a very emotionally needy little boy.  Second, like KKMMex, I have a low tolerance for chaos as well.  However, I think it's exacerbated by the third reason: DH makes things more stressful.  He loves our kids like crazy, but he gets stressed out by them.  He has no patience for them at their ages right now, and he doesn't know how to deal with Sam's neediness.  He was very different when they were infants and young toddlers, and I suspect he'll be different when they both get a bit older as well.

Oh, and reason number four: I often find myself channeling Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon 2, saying, "I'm too old for this ***."  Big Smile

• Options

I'm done having babies.  Having 2 so close together really did a number on me.  Now that they are a little older I finally get the "I want another one" feeling.  We cut that factory off right after Lila was born.  We have ZERO regrets about that.  DH turned 43 a couple of weeks ago, and we want to enjoy our retirement. 

We've recently started looking at adopting sibling groups.  Ideally 2-3 siblings under the age of 5.  Dh saw a family of 8 (YES EIGHT!!!) and said "we can do it!".  That isn't going to happen.  We would need a bus and it won't fit in our garage Stick out tongue  Not to mention supporting 10 kids through college.  I can't even imagine feeding that many children.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 5 total.  I can't see more than that and our home wouldn't hold more.  We don't plan to move.

• Options

DH and I both agreed we wanted more than one. DH wants two, I would like three. Our agreement is to take one at a time. We only have one right now...and there were days in the beginning where I wasn't sure I could handle two...but that thought goes away pretty fast, it's never a serious thought.

Also, MIL is an only child and has really stressed that she would not recommend having only one child. Of course it's not her decision...but seeing her have to take care of her parents all by herself has made a big impact on our decision to definitely try to have more children. Plus, I LOVE my sisters. We are really close and are each others best friends. I'm so thankful we have DD, but hopefully we will be able to have more in the future. 

ETA: Oops, I'm not a mom of 2+ yet, I read the post wrong...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Two is good. I always wanted more than one. And, I would love to have more if we were younger, had more time, had more resources, etc.

As things are, we'll stop at two. We discussed it at length. I feel like we dodged a couple of bullets during the last two pregnancies, as well.

Basically, for a myriad of reasons that fall along those lines of personal choices, we will stay with two, unless we mess up. :) In that case, we have plenty of love and we'll figure out the rest. 

• Options

::butting in:: you guys are REALLY making me want another baby.

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • Options

I always wanted at least 3 to 4 kids.  But with a hard second pregnancy, I thought I was DONE with just 2.  But to be so "final" and say "no more" is so hard for me.  I got sad just giving away baby clothes thinking I may not have another.  So I'm basically torn between staying at 2 or having one more.  This is why DH hasn't had the surgery yet. 

With a rough weekend of an active and high spirited toddler, I said 2 was enough!  =)  But who knows how I'll feel next week.  I will be making my FINAL decision in 2 more years when I get closer to 34-35. 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"