Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Has anyone done anything to honor your child? If so how did it make you feel?

I am going a do walk to remember through March of Dimes in honor or Arianna in May. I am so excited! Especially since May was my EDD and I know it is going to be an emotional time for me. 

Yesterday someone asked me how the baby was and I didn't run away like earlier in the week Smile . I clamly said, "I don't know if you heard, but I loss the baby which is why I have been out for the last couple of weeks." She said she was so sorrry and I told it her that it was ok, because she didn't know. I was sooo shocked at myself that I ran and called my fiance. Because it showed me that yes, it does get easier. Everyone told me that and I didn't believe them because I just kept wondering how? I carry around the last sonogram of her which only showed her hands because the rest of her body was so swollen (She had Turner Syndrome). And I realized the other day that she had his hand. I was so happy.

Today was a better day. "Day by day, hour by hour." 

5/9/2013 = Our rainbow was born!!

08/18/2012 - BFP (Hoping this is our rainbow!)
06/24/2012 - Loss confirmed at 12 weeks
12/14/2010 - Loss baby girl at 20 weeks due to Turner Syndrome
01/2009 - Chemical Pregnancy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

My Blog

Re: Has anyone done anything to honor your child? If so how did it make you feel?

• i am so glad you are doing...well...better.  and it does get easier.  but it never does go away.  the first week back was the hardest...but then the second week got a little easier.  that is really nice that you carry around the sonogram--ours is framed, so can't bring it.  

as far as what we are doing for my little boy, we had some of his cremains interred with my grandfather dec 18th.  we released balloons at the end, after my little brother and sisters (2) sang a song they wrote for him.  

we plan on putting one container with his cremains in a little stuffed animal dog i gave to my DH the first christmas we exchanged presents.  i found it christmas day, and realized it would be perfect.  then on my EDD (well, the date i was supposed to have my c-section), we are going to bury the rest of his cremains with my DH's grandparents, and plant a little bush or tree.  DH also wants to plant a tree here at our house.  my friend wants me to do the walk in oct with her, but its DH's birthday, and his 30th, so i'm not sure i'll be able to make it.  but for your daughter, the March of Dimes sounds like a wonderful way to remember her!  and the timing works out well!  i am sorry i don't have many ideas--it took us 3 weeks to determine finally what we wanted to do, and then when plans got changed another 1-2 to make up a new plan.  i'm sure we will do something every year to remember him, but right now i'm just trying to make it through this year and its milestones we have yet to reach!  i'm dreading march right now (his edd was the 28th, my c-section was scheduled for the 22nd).

i'm sure whatever you decide, you will love.  take your time deciding too! 

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

DS no hb 11/17/10 at 21w1d, d&e 11/24,demise due to fetal hydrops, from congestive heart failure, probably caused by structural malformation

Our Rango....BFP 2/6/11...hb on 2/23...perfectly healthy, but no hb on 6/9/11 d & e 6/15/2011
    Rango's Blog
  • I am so glad that you had a better day!  It sounds like you handled that difficult situation reallly well.

I started my blog after Ella was born so that I could have a place to remember her and talk about her.  I have an emerald ring (Ella's birthstone), that I always wear now-DH got me that for mother's day.  I have a scrapbook that I am still working on.  I make her flower arrangements for her grave-they aren't as pretty as if a florist did them.  But, it makes me feel good to be able to do something for her.  Also, we put a Christmas tree at her grave and my family brought Christmas ornaments for her nad put them on.  I want to do something for our baby that we just lost too.  But I don't really know how or what to do yet since this loss was so early.  I do keep the ultrasound picture from when we saw the heartbeat and some pictures of Ella in a little albulm in my purse.  I really think finding ways to keep our babies' memories alive is important.  I don't ever want to feel like they are forgotten.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • By the way, I think that is a great idea to walk in memeory of Arrianna...and for such a great cause too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefireflies0306:

My Blog

• imagefireflies0306:

that is really nice that you carry around the sonogram--ours is framed, so can't bring it.  

Where did you get your sonogram frame from? I have been looking for one but can't find one that doesn't say there are awaiting the baby it arrive. I made a copy of the sonogram and carry around the copy of it.

My Blog

• Have you tried www.myforeverchild.com There is a necklace on there that has a stone for the month of conception, month of miscarriage and EDD.

My Blog

• imageyelizah:
    imagefireflies0306:

that is really nice that you carry around the sonogram--ours is framed, so can't bring it.  

Where did you get your sonogram frame from? I have been looking for one but can't find one that doesn't say there are awaiting the baby it arrive. I made a copy of the sonogram and carry around the copy of it.

oh, its just a plain green frame that my DH had, and he is quite crafty...lol...in both senses of the word.   it matches with the nursery, and I'm not sure how he put the sonograms in, but he has 2 pics (one from the 18 w u/s, and the other our last picture), right on top of the other in this frame.  i can look for you and get back to you with how he has them.

there really is very little out there for us!  i'll see what i can find.

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

DS no hb 11/17/10 at 21w1d, d&e 11/24,demise due to fetal hydrops, from congestive heart failure, probably caused by structural malformation

Our Rango....BFP 2/6/11...hb on 2/23...perfectly healthy, but no hb on 6/9/11 d & e 6/15/2011
    Rango's Blog
  • imageyelizah:
    imagefireflies0306:

wow--thank you for sharing! i love the idea!  i'm going to the site right now to check it out! 

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

Rango's Blog
  • ok-that was supposed to quote from the necklace comment!
    image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

Rango's Blog
  • lol! Np. I guess in order to find a sonogram frame, I will have to go to the craft store. I am not sure how it will turn out since I am not crafty AT ALL! lol

My Blog

• ok., i asked my DH, and he said he just put the pictures in the frame on the matting, and they stayed.  when i try to do that, they go all crooked and move around, so i thought maybe he did something a little more!  

but we are getting a shadow box for the stuffed animal holding his urn...so i'll be headed to michael's or ac moore in the next week or 2.  if i see anything, i'll pass it along.  or kohls may have a pretty frame.  

GL! 

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

Rango's Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"