January 2011 Moms
Options

Should I even Ask (sex)

Who is still having it???  Well, the reason I ask is that I was out shopping today and a woman asked me how many days until I was due...she said her and her husband had sex with all three to start labor.  1. I thought that was a lil TMI for someone to tell me (I WOULD NEVER SHARE that with a stranger) 2. My husband has known not to come to me for anything like that!

So, for those who still are OR trying to get things going...Are you???

Re: Should I even Ask (sex)

• Options
    I've been thinking about it...but I'm so sore down there that the thought of any nookie makes me shudder. But I am thinking about it....I'm curious to see what others say!!
  • Options
    We have a couple of times recently.  First time was to try to get things going, second was just in the mood.  Personally, I don't think it will jump start anything, but may speed up an already ripening cervix.  May get you going a few hours sooner, but not days.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We havent done it since like 20 wks or something.  I just feel tired and awkward and DH hasnt pushed the issue so I rolled with it, LOL!  I have been thinking about it just in terms of getting labor going in the next couple of weeks but I dont know if I can bring myself to do it....or even how to go about it!  I was not one of those girls that got crazy horny during pregnancy, instead I lost all drive.  Bummer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're having sex occasionally (less than once a week), but not to get anything moving.  I'm not term yet. We just like sex.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Me and my DH are still having sex... Not as much as before though. About once a week if that. It's not always comfortable, but we make it work...
  • Options

DH and I started having sex about every other day for about 2 weeks... For some reason, it helps me relax to go to sleep!

It is really helpful especially these last few weeks have been sleepless because I can't get comfortable. I like to joke and say "it rocks LO to sleep"

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • Options
    It has been a little over a week.  DH is scared that he will hurt me or baby.  Actually it is not bad - I would be willing - especially since I know we will have a long dry spell after LO arrives.
  • Options

P.s. I forgot to mention that im not doing it to try and "induce labor"!! We just cherish our alone time together while we still can

Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Beautiful pictures taken by the very talented Kaper
  • Options
    imageracheldaigle46:

DH and I started having sex about every other day for about 2 weeks... For some reason, it helps me relax to go to sleep!

It is really helpful especially these last few weeks have been sleepless because I can't get comfortable. I like to joke and say "it rocks LO to sleep"

Lol, this is us too.  

Plus with a 3 yr old, and last time my libido died for like 2 yrs. after giving birth, we know our time together is probably limited so we take what we can get.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageskoogirl:
    We're having sex occasionally (less than once a week), but not to get anything moving.  I'm not term yet. We just like sex.

THIS. We've averaged twice a week though out my whole pregnancy. Sometime last week I started getting what felt like contractions. and last night while switching positions, I started getting cramps, but they went away as soon as we were going at it again. I'm not trying to induce labor (and if I told SO about contractions or cramps he wouldn't touch me anymore) but I'm already past 37 weeks, so it can't hurt. I do notice walking half an hour a day seems to get more moving down there than sex, but she's still in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Only like once or twice a month now.  DH is worried about hurting me or the baby.  I've been in the mood a couple of times but nothing like what we use to have.
  • Options
    We've done it a few times recently to try to start labor, but that's about it.  I'm not exactly in the mood at this point.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageskoogirl:

This. I would say we do it about once a week.  I'm 37 weeks now.  Not to get things going - just because we enjoy it

• Options

DH is all about the natural induction.  He has never been weirded out by my belly or the fact that there was a baby inside of me.  He actually thinks its sexy...um, OK.

Throughout the pregnancy we averaged about once a week just because of our work schedules.  Now that I am so close and not working, we try to do it every day.  I feel some contracting afterwards, but nothing to call in about.  Who knows...I have 3 days until D-day, so I am assuming LO just isn't ready to come out yet.

• Options

We still are a few times a week. Just for the fun of it and because I am well aware that not only do we have to wait after, but then DH leaves for a 7month tour and that is one heck of a dry spell! lol...so I'm trying to stockpile, I suppose!

I do notice that I get a bit crampy sometimes now. It goes away right after.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sex is the furthest thing from my mind but not DH Sad i kind of feel bad that we don't have it as often as we used to, but i don't feel sexy with the belly.  when it gets closer to my due date i might have more sex just to help soften my cervix and that way we don't have to go 12w without.  i say 12w because that's how long i bled after DD, i can only hope that i don't bleed that long this time. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options

DH and i are still but not to get anything going.. we just enjoy the time with each other at least a few times a week my whole pregnancy Smile

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are still having sex regularly.  It's been a little awkward in the third trimester.  I don't feel all that sexy being this big.  I think it's important to keep your sense of humor through these last months.
  • Options

imageABizzity:
    We havent done it since like 20 wks or something.  I just feel tired and awkward and DH hasnt pushed the issue so I rolled with it, LOL!  I have been thinking about it just in terms of getting labor going in the next couple of weeks but I dont know if I can bring myself to do it....or even how to go about it!  I was not one of those girls that got crazy horny during pregnancy, instead I lost all drive.  Bummer. 

Same here. :( And I've been in way too much pain during 3rd tri. The thought of trying to have sex makes me cringe.

• Options
    We're about every two days because we know it'll be awhile till we can again... though now that I'm a week out from my due date we may change that to every day to help get things going.  
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It has been a struggle to get my DH to have sex with me this entire pregnancy!!! I sat him down and flat out told him that I want/need to have sex just to keep my sanity, and he agreed that he would make the effort to get over the fear/anxiety/awkwardness/lack of attraction?!?!...but I still haven't gotten any lovin' in over a month (correction: we did try a week or so ago, but it went nowhere fast Sad). It's already difficult for me to feel sexy and the rejection only makes it worse.  He just asks, "When are you going to look normal again?"

It's been a long and lonely 37 weeks and 2 days...

• Options
    imagehereyes:

It has been a struggle to get my DH to have sex with me this entire pregnancy!!! I sat him down and flat out told him that I want/need to have sex just to keep my sanity, and he agreed that he would make the effort to get over the fear/anxiety/awkwardness/lack of attraction?!?!...but I still haven't gotten any lovin' in over a month (correction: we did try a week or so ago, but it went nowhere fast Sad). It's already difficult for me to feel sexy and the rejection only makes it worse.  He just asks, "When are you going to look normal again?"

If my husband said this to me he would be sleeping outside til I felt normal again!

• Options

DH and were just talking about this.  I am soooo sore down there, I just can't.  Trust me, I really want to.  I told DH I would suck it up tonight...I even tried to get sexy (in my sexiest maternity nighty).  It was sad and he said he appreciated the effort, but he just feels bad because I'm so sore.  :-(  I don't like the whole lack of intimacy; it makes me miss DH.

For all those still having it, I'm jealous!

• Options
    We are! We actually just had a really great night last night. ;) We're not necessarily doing it to get things going but I wouldn't be upset if it did.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagehereyes:

This whole response makes me very sad for you.  You may never have the exact same body again and for your DH to make you feel anything less than attractive right now is really immature and thoughtless.  Are his feelings for you really that rooted in how you look physically?  If so, I'm so sorry.  

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    Planning to get going on this regularly to help with effacement/dilation!  Worked for quite a few of my friends!  Just wanted this one to be born in January so we were kind of being cautious but now that it's less than 2 days away, I feel safe!
  • Options
    imageizzourclue:
    imagehereyes:

This whole response makes me very sad for you.  You may never have the exact same body again and for your DH to make you feel anything less than attractive right now is really immature and thoughtless.  Are his feelings for you really that rooted in how you look physically?  If so, I'm so sorry.  

this! OMG cant believe he would make you feel this way! I'm sorry nobody wants to hear their DH be called anything bad but what a jerk. Makes me appreciate my DH even more, my goodness.

As for the main question, sex just has been reduced as I get further along pregnancy, for awhile it was at least once a week but cant remember when was the last time I had sex with DH, I still make sure he is taken care of but no actual sex, so hard to move around with this belly I so do not feel sexy, plus I just got tired of the same position BUT I have given thought to trying again if it helps get things moving along :)

• Options
    Um I suppose it's been about a week since we actually had sex...I think.  We generally try to do it once a week but if I'm not up to it I just give him oral.  It's SOOO difficult to get things going between exhaustion, wanting to clean something (yes I'm an uber-nester apparently), feeling LO kick (not conducive to sexy-time), and trying to work around my belly or getting in a comfy position.  That being said, I feel it's important to do that for DH about once a week or give him a little "happy" if I can't, the rest of the time he can take care of himself.
  • Options
    We're down to every 2-3 days. Not trying to get things going since i don't even hit 37w until Sunday. We still really enjoy it but I'm sure after an internal that I hear I'm dilated he won't be as eager to keep going.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"